PSG want Angel Di Maria for €50m+ & €8m a year in wages, but they are struggling to comply with FFP [L’Equipe]
- July 19, 2014
L’Equipe, the leading French daily, have given an update on Saturday on PSG’s pursuit of Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria.
There is currently a game of dominos being played around Europe, with Real Madrid hoping to sell off Di Maria for big money to PSG, in order to fuel a purchase of James Rodriguez from Monaco.
PSG are known to be interested in the Argentine attacking midfielder, and the 26-year-old is listed as “a priority” for Laurent Blanc say L’Equipe. Indeed, PSG are ready to pay more than €50m for Di Maria, whilst giving the player €8m a year in wages.
PSG have the resources to buy the player, however the Parisians are being restricted by UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules. In short, PSG have to sell before they can buy, and that may have a ripple effort across Europe.
The Parisians are said to have several salable assets, with Javier Pastore, Lucas, Marco Verratti, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Edinson Cavani all said to be up for sale at the right price.
That’s great news for the tabloid press.
- PSG boss Laurent Blanc says Angel Di Maria transfer saga will have a “positive ou...
- PSG make £28.5m offer for Angel Di Maria, £30m less than Man United paid a year ago
- Gary Neville: Man United need to replace Angel Di Maria, warns fans not to rely on Memp...
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has welcomed Man United’s Angel Di Maria to PSG [Le Parisien]
- Meet the Man United fan who may have cursed Di Maria & Radamel Falcao’s care...
- LvG admits that PSG target Angel Di Maria won’t be joining up with Man United tea...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi