- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
PSG want Angel Di Maria for €50m+ & €8m a year in wages, but they are struggling to comply with FFP [L'Equipe]
L’Equipe, the leading French daily, have given an update on Saturday on PSG’s pursuit of Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria.
There is currently a game of dominos being played around Europe, with Real Madrid hoping to sell off Di Maria for big money to PSG, in order to fuel a purchase of James Rodriguez from Monaco.
PSG are known to be interested in the Argentine attacking midfielder, and the 26-year-old is listed as “a priority” for Laurent Blanc say L’Equipe. Indeed, PSG are ready to pay more than €50m for Di Maria, whilst giving the player €8m a year in wages.
PSG have the resources to buy the player, however the Parisians are being restricted by UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules. In short, PSG have to sell before they can buy, and that may have a ripple effort across Europe.
The Parisians are said to have several salable assets, with Javier Pastore, Lucas, Marco Verratti, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Edinson Cavani all said to be up for sale at the right price.
That’s great news for the tabloid press.
- Updated: July 19, 2014