PSG to spend “record fee” on Chelsea’s David Luiz to become the world’s most expensive defender [Daily Mail]
David Luiz is ditching Chelsea for PSG, report the Daily Mail in a so-called EXCLUSIVE on Friday.
For months now Luiz had been tipped to depart Stamford Bridge this summer, with Barcelona and Bayern Munich two clubs consistently linking to the Brazilian Sideshow Bob lookalike.
Now, however, PSG have made their for Luiz, and Chelsea are set to receive a huge windfall.
David Luiz is on the brink of joining Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours in a sensational deal that could cost the French superpower close to £50million.
Exact terms are still to be thrashed out by the clubs, but the transfer of the 27-year-old Chelsea star will be the world’s most expensive for a defender, beating the previous two highest fees – both paid by PSG, for Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.
Watch Live Stream
- Who is better: Eden Hazard in goal or Thibaut Courtois as an outfield player? (Video)October 25, 2016
- Monchengladbach reveal plans for Chelsea’s Andreas Christensen [Sport Bild]October 25, 2016
- Liverpool, Chelsea & 88 other scouts watch 17-year-old Alexander Isak in action [Expressen]October 25, 2016
- Kurt Zouma’s individual highlights on his Chelsea U23 comeback v Derby (Video)October 25, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Graeme Souness: Ref bottled sending Chelsea’s David Luiz off v Man United (Video)October 23, 2016
- Joker: David Luiz trolls a young Chelsea fan (Video)October 21, 2016
- David Luiz is looking forward to Chelsea v Manchester United (video)October 21, 2016
- After flopping at Man United, Angel Di Maria is having big problems at PSG [L’Equipe & Le Parisien]October 25, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- PSG’s Marco Veratti strops after being substituted against Marseille (Video)October 24, 2016
- PSG v Marseille: Watch a live stream of Le ClassiqueOctober 23, 2016