PSG to spend “record fee” on Chelsea’s David Luiz to become the world’s most expensive defender [Daily Mail]
- May 23, 2014
David Luiz is ditching Chelsea for PSG, report the Daily Mail in a so-called EXCLUSIVE on Friday.
For months now Luiz had been tipped to depart Stamford Bridge this summer, with Barcelona and Bayern Munich two clubs consistently linking to the Brazilian Sideshow Bob lookalike.
Now, however, PSG have made their for Luiz, and Chelsea are set to receive a huge windfall.
David Luiz is on the brink of joining Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours in a sensational deal that could cost the French superpower close to £50million.
Exact terms are still to be thrashed out by the clubs, but the transfer of the 27-year-old Chelsea star will be the world’s most expensive for a defender, beating the previous two highest fees – both paid by PSG, for Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...