PSG to spend “record fee” on Chelsea’s David Luiz to become the world’s most expensive defender [Daily Mail]
- May 23, 2014
David Luiz is ditching Chelsea for PSG, report the Daily Mail in a so-called EXCLUSIVE on Friday.
For months now Luiz had been tipped to depart Stamford Bridge this summer, with Barcelona and Bayern Munich two clubs consistently linking to the Brazilian Sideshow Bob lookalike.
Now, however, PSG have made their for Luiz, and Chelsea are set to receive a huge windfall.
David Luiz is on the brink of joining Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours in a sensational deal that could cost the French superpower close to £50million.
Exact terms are still to be thrashed out by the clubs, but the transfer of the 27-year-old Chelsea star will be the world’s most expensive for a defender, beating the previous two highest fees – both paid by PSG, for Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...