PSG to spend “record fee” on Chelsea’s David Luiz to become the world’s most expensive defender [Daily Mail]
- May 23, 2014
David Luiz is ditching Chelsea for PSG, report the Daily Mail in a so-called EXCLUSIVE on Friday.
For months now Luiz had been tipped to depart Stamford Bridge this summer, with Barcelona and Bayern Munich two clubs consistently linking to the Brazilian Sideshow Bob lookalike.
Now, however, PSG have made their for Luiz, and Chelsea are set to receive a huge windfall.
David Luiz is on the brink of joining Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours in a sensational deal that could cost the French superpower close to £50million.
Exact terms are still to be thrashed out by the clubs, but the transfer of the 27-year-old Chelsea star will be the world’s most expensive for a defender, beating the previous two highest fees – both paid by PSG, for Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.
- Montreal Impact publish extended video of Didier Drogba’s incredible welcome (Video)
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa once killed his pet Yorkshire Terrier by accidentally runni...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Diego Costa’s first words to John Terry after joining Chelsea were “I go to...
- Diego Costa reveals how Chelsea urged him to reject Liverpool in 2013
- Man United are taking on Chelsea in the race to sign John Stones [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi