PSG threaten to trigger Messi’s £215m release clause if Barca pursue Thiago Silva
- July 19, 2013
This is what happens when you piss off a bazillionaire.
Throughout the summer Barcelona have been linked to PSG’s Brazilian centre-half Thiago Silva despite the fact that the Parisians are refusing to sell the defender to the Catalans.
Looking to get to the bottom of the issue, French website ActuSports have now prised a brilliant quote from PSG’s mega wealthy owner Sheikh Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who has threatened to trigger Lionel Messi’s £215m release clause should Barcelona continue to try and sign Thiago Silva.
Al-Khelaifi: If Barcelona touch Thiago Silva’s buy-out clause, I will do the same with Messi.
For the record, Thiago Silva signed a five-year deal at Parc des Princes only 12 months ago following his €42 million switch from AC Milan in the summer of 2012.
Highlights of Thiago Silva during 2012-13 can be seen below.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...