PSG threaten to trigger Messi’s £215m release clause if Barca pursue Thiago Silva
- July 19, 2013
This is what happens when you piss off a bazillionaire.
Throughout the summer Barcelona have been linked to PSG’s Brazilian centre-half Thiago Silva despite the fact that the Parisians are refusing to sell the defender to the Catalans.
Looking to get to the bottom of the issue, French website ActuSports have now prised a brilliant quote from PSG’s mega wealthy owner Sheikh Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who has threatened to trigger Lionel Messi’s £215m release clause should Barcelona continue to try and sign Thiago Silva.
Al-Khelaifi: If Barcelona touch Thiago Silva’s buy-out clause, I will do the same with Messi.
For the record, Thiago Silva signed a five-year deal at Parc des Princes only 12 months ago following his €42 million switch from AC Milan in the summer of 2012.
Highlights of Thiago Silva during 2012-13 can be seen below.
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi