PSG threaten to trigger Messi’s £215m release clause if Barca pursue Thiago Silva
This is what happens when you piss off a bazillionaire.
Throughout the summer Barcelona have been linked to PSG’s Brazilian centre-half Thiago Silva despite the fact that the Parisians are refusing to sell the defender to the Catalans.
Looking to get to the bottom of the issue, French website ActuSports have now prised a brilliant quote from PSG’s mega wealthy owner Sheikh Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who has threatened to trigger Lionel Messi’s £215m release clause should Barcelona continue to try and sign Thiago Silva.
Al-Khelaifi: If Barcelona touch Thiago Silva’s buy-out clause, I will do the same with Messi.
For the record, Thiago Silva signed a five-year deal at Parc des Princes only 12 months ago following his €42 million switch from AC Milan in the summer of 2012.
Highlights of Thiago Silva during 2012-13 can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona offer to help Chapecoense, invite them to play in Joan Gamper trophyDecember 8, 2016
- Bartomeu: Luis Suarez set for Barcelona contract extensionDecember 7, 2016
- Barcelona legend Xavi has still got it – Scores free-kick in Qatar (Video)December 7, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Revealed: Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo’s friendship (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo v Leo Messi: 2016 Ballon d’Or winner is leakedDecember 6, 2016
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016
- Arsenal fans celebrate as the Gunners finally finish 1st in their Champions League group [Tweets]December 6, 2016
- PSG are unhappy with Angel Di Maria’s form and detached attitude [L’Equipe]December 5, 2016
- Man United old boy & Arsenal star plot moves to the Santiago Bernabeu [Marca]November 30, 2016
- Fake story: PSG deny viral reports suggesting they donated €40m to ChapecoenseNovember 29, 2016