PSG target 3 players in January: Paul Pogba, Yohan Cabaye & Juan Mata [L’Equipe]
PSG have been hugely impressive during the first half of 2013/2014.
They currently lead Ligue 1 by two points from free-spending Monaco and look well placed for a genuine assault on the Champions League having drawn Bayer Leverkusen in the next round.
And, leading French newspaper L’Equipe report that they will flex their transfer muscles in January as well with moves for some of the best midfield talent in Europe.
Their main target is Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba and they are likely to bid 40 million euros for the young Frenchman in January.
They may well have to wait until the summer for Pogba but it would not be a surprise if he were to leave the Old Lady for big bucks.
Juan Mata is also mentioned by L’Equipe but having already appeared for Chelsea in the Champions League this season, is seen as the least likely of the trio of players mentioned.
The Spaniard has though spent much of the season out of favour under Jose Mourinho and could well be keen on a move from Stamford Bridge.
Which leaves Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye who despite some fine performances in recent months, has hinted at a move away from St James’ Park.
PSG coach Laurent Blanc described Cabaye as a “wonderful player” during the summer transfer window and the Newcastle midfielder is seen as a player who can cover all across the middle of the park.
And, every Newcastle player has a price…
- Juan Mata looks ahead to Man United’s ‘fantastic week’ in his new blog
- Juan Mata talks desert islands, tennis and future Man United stars in Q&A (Video)
- Juan Mata speaks about his best goal, underrated players and Eric Cantona in Q&A (Video)
- Man United’s Juan Mata takes part in a penalty challenge with YouTube star KSI (Video)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic talks about why returning to Malmo means so much to him (Video)
- Five reasons why Malmo fans will always love Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Video)
- An Angel Di Maria verified Facebook page hints that Cristiano Ronaldo is moving to PSG
- PSG unveil special ‘Je Suis Paris’ shirts to be worn for next 2 games