PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to join Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid [AS]
- July 17, 2013
Real Madrid may well get their Galactico this summer and it won’t be Gareth Bale but instead Swedish superstar striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Madrid-based paper AS lead with the claim on their front page today that Zlatan is eager to win the Champions League, a competition he has never won, and would like to link up with Carlo Ancelotti again.
Rumours have been rife that Zlatan was unhappy when Ancelotti left PSG earlier this summer and that the Swedish hitman will not line up alongside Edinson Cavani in Paris.
AS add that Ancelotti has asked the Real Madrid hierarchy to bring in Ibrahimovic following a season where they excelled in France with Zlatan ending the campaign as Ligue 1 top goal scorer.
Zlatan is willing to take a pay cut from his 14 million euro (net) salary a season to push the deal through as at 31 he is keen to get his hands on the Champions League trophy.
PSG paid 21 million euros for Zlatan just a year ago and they do not need the money but Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has said publicly that he understands Cavani and Ibrahimovic will not play together this coming season.
English clubs Chelsea and Manchester City have also been linked with Zlatan this summer, the former could see him join coach Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge, who he worked with at Inter Milan.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...