PSG pull out of race for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, Arsenal in pole position [L’Equipe]
- August 23, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe, usually well informed on clubs such as PSG and Arsenal, report in their print version on Friday morning that the Gunners are now the clear favourites to sign Yohan Cabaye after the Parisians pulled out.
Arsenal have already had one bid for Cabaye rejected this week and now look like the only suitors for the Newcastle midfielder.
PSG are not as keen as first thought following Marco Verratti’s recent contract extension for the Ligue 1 champions.
This leaves the way clear for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to make a move with little pressure from any other side, especially one such as PSG with tremendous resources.
Newcastle are demanding 20 million pounds for Cabaye after immediately rejecting Arsenal’s initial offer of 10 million pounds.
The Daily Mirror suggest that Arsenal will return with a bid of 16 million pounds for Cabaye in the coming days.
Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph pinpoint Cabaye as one of several targets for Arsenal in the final days of the summer transfer window, including Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria, Micah Richards and Vicente Guaita.
At the current time, Cabaye looks the most likely player to arrive at the Emirates.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...