PSG pull out of race for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, Arsenal in pole position [L’Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe, usually well informed on clubs such as PSG and Arsenal, report in their print version on Friday morning that the Gunners are now the clear favourites to sign Yohan Cabaye after the Parisians pulled out.
Arsenal have already had one bid for Cabaye rejected this week and now look like the only suitors for the Newcastle midfielder.
PSG are not as keen as first thought following Marco Verratti’s recent contract extension for the Ligue 1 champions.
This leaves the way clear for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to make a move with little pressure from any other side, especially one such as PSG with tremendous resources.
Newcastle are demanding 20 million pounds for Cabaye after immediately rejecting Arsenal’s initial offer of 10 million pounds.
The Daily Mirror suggest that Arsenal will return with a bid of 16 million pounds for Cabaye in the coming days.
Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph pinpoint Cabaye as one of several targets for Arsenal in the final days of the summer transfer window, including Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria, Micah Richards and Vicente Guaita.
At the current time, Cabaye looks the most likely player to arrive at the Emirates.
Watch Live Stream
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Dwight Gayle double in 2-0 Newcastle win at Barnsley sends Magpies top (Official Highlights)October 19, 2016
- Mad: Newcastle’s Rolando Aarons arrested after group of men ‘grind’ on his aunt in nightclubOctober 10, 2016
- Chelsea’s Christian Atsu opens his Newcastle account with a solo golazo (Official Video)October 1, 2016
- Rafa Benitez photoshops sweep the internet and they’re hilarious [Pictures]September 29, 2016
- PSG v Marseille: Watch a live stream of Le ClassiqueOctober 23, 2016
- Marseille defender Rod Fanni misses Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the Classique fightsOctober 22, 2016
- PSG star agrees to join Juventus at end of the season [Tuttosport]October 21, 2016
- PSG’s Jese Rodriguez is still paying €700 a night in plush Parisian hotel Le Royal MonceauOctober 14, 2016