PSG pull out of race for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, Arsenal in pole position [L’Equipe]
- August 23, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe, usually well informed on clubs such as PSG and Arsenal, report in their print version on Friday morning that the Gunners are now the clear favourites to sign Yohan Cabaye after the Parisians pulled out.
Arsenal have already had one bid for Cabaye rejected this week and now look like the only suitors for the Newcastle midfielder.
PSG are not as keen as first thought following Marco Verratti’s recent contract extension for the Ligue 1 champions.
This leaves the way clear for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to make a move with little pressure from any other side, especially one such as PSG with tremendous resources.
Newcastle are demanding 20 million pounds for Cabaye after immediately rejecting Arsenal’s initial offer of 10 million pounds.
The Daily Mirror suggest that Arsenal will return with a bid of 16 million pounds for Cabaye in the coming days.
Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph pinpoint Cabaye as one of several targets for Arsenal in the final days of the summer transfer window, including Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria, Micah Richards and Vicente Guaita.
At the current time, Cabaye looks the most likely player to arrive at the Emirates.
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi