- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
PSG President Al-Khelaifi closes door on Real Madrid’s Di Maria: ‘He’s too expensive’ [Video]
After being involved in discussions with Real Madrid over the last number of weeks, and looking like being on the cusp of closing the deal, PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi surprisingly revealed that they’ve now pulled out of a move for Angel Di Maria.
At David Luiz’s presentation today, Al-Khelaifi explained that he and his partners had been in discussions, and that they consider Di Maria top player, but, ‘for me, he was very expensive, so we stopped the discussions.’
Too expensive? This is a guy who paid 50 million for David Luiz. British Pounds.
- Updated: August 7, 2014