PSG outbid Arsenal for Newcastle’s Cabaye, lodge a rumoured €15m offer [L’Equipe]
- August 22, 2013
Arsenal’s pursuit of Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye is set to become complicated by PSG if reports in Thursday’s L’Equipe are accurate.
France’s leading daily sports newspaper report that PSG have submitted a slightly higher offer than Arsenal’s bid for Yohan Cabaye, thought to be a €15m offer. For the record, Arsenal were reported to have had a £10m bid for the French international rejected earlier in the week.
PSG’s interest in 27-year-old Cabaye is not out-of-the-blue.
With David Beckham now departed, PSG’s central midfield options are limited to just Blaise Matuidi, Thiago Motta and Marco Verratti. As such further recruits are vital for PSG during 2013-14, and Cabaye has been earmarked as a player would can add extra talent in the middle of the park.
Moreover, many believe Cabaye would be interested in moving to Paris now that ex-French international manager Laurent Blanc is in charge at the Parc de Princes.
Blanc introduced Cabaye into the France fold during his tenure in charge of Les Bleus, and Blanc famously praised the midfielder by calling him the “next Xavi”. The duo are said to have an excellent working relationship.
Cabaye has been at St James’ Park since 2011 having been signed for 5 million pounds, during which time he has chalked up 60 appearances for Newcastle scoring 10 goals.
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Aleksandar Mitrović’s pre-Arsenal interview is quite funny in retrospect (Video)
- Wenger post-Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: optimistic of making late transfer deal (Video)
- Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s knee injury, Koscielny’s return (Best Tw...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...