PSG outbid Arsenal for Newcastle’s Cabaye, lodge a rumoured €15m offer [L’Equipe]
- August 22, 2013
Arsenal’s pursuit of Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye is set to become complicated by PSG if reports in Thursday’s L’Equipe are accurate.
France’s leading daily sports newspaper report that PSG have submitted a slightly higher offer than Arsenal’s bid for Yohan Cabaye, thought to be a €15m offer. For the record, Arsenal were reported to have had a £10m bid for the French international rejected earlier in the week.
PSG’s interest in 27-year-old Cabaye is not out-of-the-blue.
With David Beckham now departed, PSG’s central midfield options are limited to just Blaise Matuidi, Thiago Motta and Marco Verratti. As such further recruits are vital for PSG during 2013-14, and Cabaye has been earmarked as a player would can add extra talent in the middle of the park.
Moreover, many believe Cabaye would be interested in moving to Paris now that ex-French international manager Laurent Blanc is in charge at the Parc de Princes.
Blanc introduced Cabaye into the France fold during his tenure in charge of Les Bleus, and Blanc famously praised the midfielder by calling him the “next Xavi”. The duo are said to have an excellent working relationship.
Cabaye has been at St James’ Park since 2011 having been signed for 5 million pounds, during which time he has chalked up 60 appearances for Newcastle scoring 10 goals.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...