PSG in talks with Spurs boss AVB, willing to pay €12m release clause [Le Parisien]
- June 15, 2013
The rumours of Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas leaving White Hart Lane for Paris Saint Germain started last week and show no signs of abating.
Le Parisien have claimed on Saturday that PSG are not letting up on AVB and see the Portuguese coach as their most likely candidate to take over from Real Madrid-bound Carlo Ancelotti.
Whilst Guus Hiddink (Anzhi) and Michael Laudrup (Swansea) are in the running for the PSG job, the Ligue 1 champions have already made their move for AVB, according to the French newspaper.
Leonardo, Paris Saint-Germain’s sporting director, has held talks with Villas-Boas in London in recent days over the terms of his contract.
Whilst no agreement has yet been found, PSG will have no problem paying the 12 million euro release fee that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is asking for the Portuguese boss.
Crucially, Le Parisien also suggest AVB is unhappy with the recruitment plans of Levy this summer and is hoping for reassurances as to which players will be brought in by Spurs in the coming weeks.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...