PSG in talks with Spurs boss AVB, willing to pay €12m release clause [Le Parisien]
- June 15, 2013
The rumours of Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas leaving White Hart Lane for Paris Saint Germain started last week and show no signs of abating.
Le Parisien have claimed on Saturday that PSG are not letting up on AVB and see the Portuguese coach as their most likely candidate to take over from Real Madrid-bound Carlo Ancelotti.
Whilst Guus Hiddink (Anzhi) and Michael Laudrup (Swansea) are in the running for the PSG job, the Ligue 1 champions have already made their move for AVB, according to the French newspaper.
Leonardo, Paris Saint-Germain’s sporting director, has held talks with Villas-Boas in London in recent days over the terms of his contract.
Whilst no agreement has yet been found, PSG will have no problem paying the 12 million euro release fee that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is asking for the Portuguese boss.
Crucially, Le Parisien also suggest AVB is unhappy with the recruitment plans of Levy this summer and is hoping for reassurances as to which players will be brought in by Spurs in the coming weeks.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]