Predicted Line-up: Arsenal are decimated by injuries before their season opener v Aston Villa
- August 15, 2013
Arsene Wenger’s lack of spending this summer is now back in full focus as the news filters in about Arsenal’s squad fitness ahead of Saturday’s Premier League opener against Aston Villa.
Following Wednesday night’s international friendly schedule, Arsenal are in dire straights.
The Gunners’ gravest problems are in defence.
Bacary Sagna is the latest name to be put on the injury list after the French full-back picked up an ankle injury against Belgium, while the North Londoners were already without Thomas Vermaelen and Nacho Monreal. That leaves Wenger with just four first team defenders to choose from.
In midfield Arsenal are equally shorn of bodies with Santi Cazorla (fatigue) and Mikel Arteta (thigh, possiblly out for four weeks), both unlikely to feature at the Emirates on Saturday.
Up front, Arsenal’s new signing Yaya Sanogo is also out with injury.
Below is a predicted line up for Arsenal’s opener day fixture with Aston Villa, together with a team of eleven players who Arsenal didn’t sign this summer despite rumours of potential deals.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...