Predicted Line-up: Arsenal are decimated by injuries before their season opener v Aston Villa
- August 15, 2013
Arsene Wenger’s lack of spending this summer is now back in full focus as the news filters in about Arsenal’s squad fitness ahead of Saturday’s Premier League opener against Aston Villa.
Following Wednesday night’s international friendly schedule, Arsenal are in dire straights.
The Gunners’ gravest problems are in defence.
Bacary Sagna is the latest name to be put on the injury list after the French full-back picked up an ankle injury against Belgium, while the North Londoners were already without Thomas Vermaelen and Nacho Monreal. That leaves Wenger with just four first team defenders to choose from.
In midfield Arsenal are equally shorn of bodies with Santi Cazorla (fatigue) and Mikel Arteta (thigh, possiblly out for four weeks), both unlikely to feature at the Emirates on Saturday.
Up front, Arsenal’s new signing Yaya Sanogo is also out with injury.
Below is a predicted line up for Arsenal’s opener day fixture with Aston Villa, together with a team of eleven players who Arsenal didn’t sign this summer despite rumours of potential deals.
- Ex-Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin laughs like a wierdo in Hulk’s latest viral video
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Alexis Sanchez’s slow motion beach training videos are crying out for an ’8...
- Arsenal fan corrects Manchester United website over erroneous FA Cup record claim
- Santi Cazorla & Nicklas Bendtner had a great laugh together in tunnel before Emira...
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi