- FIFA & the Qatar World Cup bid are torn to shreds on Have I Got News for You [Official Video]
- Luke Shaw’s injury worse than 1st thought, he maybe out for Man United for 6 weeks [Telegraph]
- Real Madrid close in on €15m Cruzeiro midfielder Lucas Silva, Sami Khedira is off [Marca]
- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
Prank of the Season: Icelanders Thor Akureyri FC in pre-season training
First off a big, big thank you to 101erÂ Haraldur Hringsson for forwarding this video onto us.
What is it withÂ Icelandic football?
It wasn’t so long ago the we brought you the amazing goal celebration antics ofÂ Stjarnan FC; the Icelandic club who went that extra mile to entertain the crowd with such memorable moments including theÂ â€œfishâ€ celebration (full article and footage), the â€œbikeâ€ routine (full article and footage), â€rewind,â€ â€œstrokeâ€ and â€œbirthâ€ celebrations (full article and footage), their â€œswimmingâ€ and â€œrowingâ€ celebrations (full article and footage), the “hand grenade” (full article and footage) and lastly the “human toilet”Â celebration (watch here).
ButÂ Stjarnan were so 2010.
2011 now belongs toÂ Thor Akureyri FC, who have established themselves as the chief prankers in Scandinavia following this superb video from their pre-season training camp in Portugal.
What made this prank so superb was the collective achievement of several players to gang together. Not only did none of the players give the gag away until the perfect moment, but they invested a good five minutes laying the groundwork so that their victim got punked to the fullest.
Without giving away the punchline, did you know that if you cover your face before doing sit-ups it makes your back seize up for a few seconds?
- Updated: April 25, 2011