Portugal manager Paulo Bento wrote a 23-man World Cup squad on a napkin in an Italian restaurant [Picture]
- April 1, 2014
The Portuguese media are up in arms on Tuesday amid reports that national team manager Paulo Bento revealed his 23-man World Cup squad on a napkin in an Italian restaurant.
According to reports in Iberia, Bento was out for dinner on Monday night when he scribbled a potential Portugal 23-man squad for Brazil 2014 on the piece of paper.
At the end of the meal Bento is said to ave crumpled up the napkin and thrown it in a bin, however someone at the restaurant retrieved the note and now it’s been published on loads of websites in Portugal.
Several points of interest can be gleaned from Paulo Bento’s alleged squad.
Despite his recent stunning form for Pacos, Man United loanee Bebe appears to have failed to make the cut for the Selecao, however there is room in the squad for Porto’s hit-and-miss walking showboat Ricardo Quaresma.
Furthermore, according to the way in which the names were written out on the napkin, Portugal’s starting XI at the World Cup will be as follows: Rui Patricio, Joao Pereira, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Fabio Ceontrao, Raul Meireles, Fernando, João Moutinho, Luis Nani, Helder Postiga and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...