- Supposed Arsenal & Man United target Christoph Kramer signs a new Bayer Leverkusen deal
- Golazo! Sheffield Wednesday U18 star Jonathan Fusco (17) scores long range beauty [Video]
- Fulham’s Lasse Vigen Christensen ran the full pitch to score v Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Barcelona SC’s Alex Bolanos sent off v Emelec for a horror tackle on his brother Miller Bolanos [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson explains Fergie time – “I never looked at my watch” [Video]
Portsmouth sign Papa John’s competition winner Rob Philips, 44-year old fan who’s never played pro football!
Here’s a transfer gamble like no other, though a pretty-risk free one it must be said.
Portsmouth, currently squatting 20th place in League 2, have signed fan Rob Phillips, as part of a promotional competition with sponspors Papa Johns, the pizza makers.
Phillips, who’s never played pro football in his life, gets a contract until the end of the season, going straight into the first team squad, training with the first team, and will be included on the club website and in matchday programs.
Pompey are under no obligation to play him, though, so Phillips may have a lot of benchwarming to look forward to.
The portly Pompey fan said of his dream contract:
‘‘It’s amazing to have signed for the club that I have supported since I was a boy.’
‘The lads have treated me well and it’s an honour that I’m now an official member of the squad. I chose squad number 44 as it was my 44th birthday on Saturday.’’
- Updated: February 14, 2014