Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners
After the false alarm of Dimitar Berbatov’s facebook post (which he doesn’t control), here’s an unambiguous ‘Come And Get Me Plea’ from a younger, and more explosive striker for Arsenal to consider.
Porto’s Colombian forward Jackson Martinez, scorer of 12 goals from 14 games so far this season, has made some interesting quotes according to Sky Sports, revealing he grew up supporting Arsenal (and possibly Chelsea).
”When I was a kid, I cheered for Arsenal. I love their style of play, it is flowing and open, with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get an opportunity to play for a high level Premier league club such as Arsenal, I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.”
Martinez’s £34 million buy-out clause is exorbitantly high, as even Martinez himself has admitted, with a contract that runs until 2016; so if Wenger’s interest is indeed piqued by these quotes, he’s going to have to splash the cash.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Theo Walcott discusses his brilliant form after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger struggles to keep a straight face when asked about taking England job (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brotherly Love: Granit & Taulant Xhaka exchange shirts after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (GIF)September 28, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016
- Leicester bound Islam Slimani was in tears after his final Sporting CP game (Video)August 29, 2016