- Cristiano Ronaldo singled out Man United’s Chicharito for praise v Malaga [Video]
- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners
- January 4, 2014
After the false alarm of Dimitar Berbatov’s facebook post (which he doesn’t control), here’s an unambiguous ‘Come And Get Me Plea’ from a younger, and more explosive striker for Arsenal to consider.
Porto’s Colombian forward Jackson Martinez, scorer of 12 goals from 14 games so far this season, has made some interesting quotes according to Sky Sports, revealing he grew up supporting Arsenal (and possibly Chelsea).
”When I was a kid, I cheered for Arsenal. I love their style of play, it is flowing and open, with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get an opportunity to play for a high level Premier league club such as Arsenal, I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.”
Martinez’s £34 million buy-out clause is exorbitantly high, as even Martinez himself has admitted, with a contract that runs until 2016; so if Wenger’s interest is indeed piqued by these quotes, he’s going to have to splash the cash.