Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners
After the false alarm of Dimitar Berbatov’s facebook post (which he doesn’t control), here’s an unambiguous ‘Come And Get Me Plea’ from a younger, and more explosive striker for Arsenal to consider.
Porto’s Colombian forward Jackson Martinez, scorer of 12 goals from 14 games so far this season, has made some interesting quotes according to Sky Sports, revealing he grew up supporting Arsenal (and possibly Chelsea).
”When I was a kid, I cheered for Arsenal. I love their style of play, it is flowing and open, with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get an opportunity to play for a high level Premier league club such as Arsenal, I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.”
Martinez’s £34 million buy-out clause is exorbitantly high, as even Martinez himself has admitted, with a contract that runs until 2016; so if Wenger’s interest is indeed piqued by these quotes, he’s going to have to splash the cash.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea want to sign Alexis Sanchez for dream partnership with Diego Costa [Mirror]December 7, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla posts to Instagram after successful foot surgeryDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal fans create hilarious banners for Atom & Humber at the Emirates StadiumDecember 7, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016