Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners
After the false alarm of Dimitar Berbatov’s facebook post (which he doesn’t control), here’s an unambiguous ‘Come And Get Me Plea’ from a younger, and more explosive striker for Arsenal to consider.
Porto’s Colombian forward Jackson Martinez, scorer of 12 goals from 14 games so far this season, has made some interesting quotes according to Sky Sports, revealing he grew up supporting Arsenal (and possibly Chelsea).
”When I was a kid, I cheered for Arsenal. I love their style of play, it is flowing and open, with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get an opportunity to play for a high level Premier league club such as Arsenal, I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.”
Martinez’s £34 million buy-out clause is exorbitantly high, as even Martinez himself has admitted, with a contract that runs until 2016; so if Wenger’s interest is indeed piqued by these quotes, he’s going to have to splash the cash.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Iker Casillas gives a Porto fan his boots, young lad cries uncontrollably (Video)
- Porto are on an amazing winning streak at home in all competitions (Graphic)
- Deco reveals brilliant story behind his 2004 move from Porto to Barcelona (Abola)
- Chelsea’s U19s threw away a 3-goal lead to draw with Porto in the UEFA Youth Leag...