Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners
- January 4, 2014
After the false alarm of Dimitar Berbatov’s facebook post (which he doesn’t control), here’s an unambiguous ‘Come And Get Me Plea’ from a younger, and more explosive striker for Arsenal to consider.
Porto’s Colombian forward Jackson Martinez, scorer of 12 goals from 14 games so far this season, has made some interesting quotes according to Sky Sports, revealing he grew up supporting Arsenal (and possibly Chelsea).
”When I was a kid, I cheered for Arsenal. I love their style of play, it is flowing and open, with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get an opportunity to play for a high level Premier league club such as Arsenal, I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.”
Martinez’s £34 million buy-out clause is exorbitantly high, as even Martinez himself has admitted, with a contract that runs until 2016; so if Wenger’s interest is indeed piqued by these quotes, he’s going to have to splash the cash.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi