Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners
After the false alarm of Dimitar Berbatov’s facebook post (which he doesn’t control), here’s an unambiguous ‘Come And Get Me Plea’ from a younger, and more explosive striker for Arsenal to consider.
Porto’s Colombian forward Jackson Martinez, scorer of 12 goals from 14 games so far this season, has made some interesting quotes according to Sky Sports, revealing he grew up supporting Arsenal (and possibly Chelsea).
”When I was a kid, I cheered for Arsenal. I love their style of play, it is flowing and open, with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get an opportunity to play for a high level Premier league club such as Arsenal, I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.”
Martinez’s £34 million buy-out clause is exorbitantly high, as even Martinez himself has admitted, with a contract that runs until 2016; so if Wenger’s interest is indeed piqued by these quotes, he’s going to have to splash the cash.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester earned £93m for winning EPL, but Arsenal made over £100m coming second [Graphic]May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to Tomas Rosicky after a decade at the club (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Arsenal target Alvaro Morata appears to confirm he is leaving Juventus [Instagram]May 23rd, 2016
- Arsenal scouts spotted at Porto looking at a defensive midfielder [O Jogo]May 1st, 2016
- FC Porto reject a bid from Arsenal for a midfielder [Correio da Manha]April 13th, 2016
- Porto: El Confidencial’s source on Iker Casillas rumours died years agoMarch 17th, 2016
- Porto president Pinto da Costa admits Iker Casillas’s signing has been a “fiasco̶...March 16th, 2016