Porto slap €60 million buy-out clause on Adrian after signing attacker from Atletico Madrid
- July 12, 2014
— FC Porto (@FC_Porto) July 12, 2014
Porto have placed an extraordinary €60 million buy-out clause in the contract of new signing Adrian after forking out €11m for the attacker.
Deemed surplus to requirements at Atletico, Adrian left the club having scored just three goals last season in a campaign where he was very much on the periphery.
Despite his general exclusion, the forward did have an important role to play in the latter part of the season, scoring a crucial goal against Chelsea on the way to helping Atletico reach their first European Cup/Champions League final in 40 years.
Porto have faith in the ability of Adrian after forking out a decent fee and slapping a €60m release clause on the attacker in case he excels in Portugal.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...