Porto slap €60 million buy-out clause on Adrian after signing attacker from Atletico Madrid
- July 12, 2014
— FC Porto (@FC_Porto) July 12, 2014
Porto have placed an extraordinary €60 million buy-out clause in the contract of new signing Adrian after forking out €11m for the attacker.
Deemed surplus to requirements at Atletico, Adrian left the club having scored just three goals last season in a campaign where he was very much on the periphery.
Despite his general exclusion, the forward did have an important role to play in the latter part of the season, scoring a crucial goal against Chelsea on the way to helping Atletico reach their first European Cup/Champions League final in 40 years.
Porto have faith in the ability of Adrian after forking out a decent fee and slapping a €60m release clause on the attacker in case he excels in Portugal.
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Filipe Luis has completed Atletico medical, but deal not done yet as Chelsea demand hig...
- Atletico Madrid bid farewell to Mario Suarez ahead of Fiorentina move (Video)
- Jackson Martinez arrives in Madrid after Atletico move, brushes off Falcao comparison [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi