Porto slap €60 million buy-out clause on Adrian after signing attacker from Atletico Madrid
- July 12, 2014
— FC Porto (@FC_Porto) July 12, 2014
Porto have placed an extraordinary €60 million buy-out clause in the contract of new signing Adrian after forking out €11m for the attacker.
Deemed surplus to requirements at Atletico, Adrian left the club having scored just three goals last season in a campaign where he was very much on the periphery.
Despite his general exclusion, the forward did have an important role to play in the latter part of the season, scoring a crucial goal against Chelsea on the way to helping Atletico reach their first European Cup/Champions League final in 40 years.
Porto have faith in the ability of Adrian after forking out a decent fee and slapping a €60m release clause on the attacker in case he excels in Portugal.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid offered Real Madrid €70m for Alvaro Morata [AS]August 28, 2016
- Arsenal tried to sign Antoine Griezmann & Robert Lewandowski this summer [Sun]August 28, 2016
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016
- Leicester bound Islam Slimani was in tears after his final Sporting CP game (Video)August 29, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Everton overtake Arsenal in the race for an Algerian winger [Record]August 22, 2016