Porto slap €60 million buy-out clause on Adrian after signing attacker from Atletico Madrid
- July 12, 2014
— FC Porto (@FC_Porto) July 12, 2014
Porto have placed an extraordinary €60 million buy-out clause in the contract of new signing Adrian after forking out €11m for the attacker.
Deemed surplus to requirements at Atletico, Adrian left the club having scored just three goals last season in a campaign where he was very much on the periphery.
Despite his general exclusion, the forward did have an important role to play in the latter part of the season, scoring a crucial goal against Chelsea on the way to helping Atletico reach their first European Cup/Champions League final in 40 years.
Porto have faith in the ability of Adrian after forking out a decent fee and slapping a €60m release clause on the attacker in case he excels in Portugal.
- Atletico striker Angel Correa (20) spins past Casemiro with gorgeous roulette (GIF)
- Shocking Scenes: Benfica fans throw flares at Atletico Madrid fans during CL clash (video)
- Shocking: Benfica fans throw flares from the upper tier onto Atletico fans sitting belo...
- Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Iker Casillas gives a Porto fan his boots, young lad cries uncontrollably (Video)
- Porto are on an amazing winning streak at home in all competitions (Graphic)
- Deco reveals brilliant story behind his 2004 move from Porto to Barcelona (Abola)
- Chelsea’s U19s threw away a 3-goal lead to draw with Porto in the UEFA Youth Leag...