Porto sign Dutch World Cup star Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord for €7.7m (£6.1m)
Porto’s move to sign Bruno Martins Indi came well before the Dutch defender impressed at the World Cup.
The 22-year-old shot to prominence in Brazil with some fine performances as well as some of the best images of his wide-eyed death stare that also went viral on social media.
The Portuguese giants paid 7.7 million euros for Bruno Martins Indi, the equivalent of 6.1 million pounds.
Porto announced that Martins Indi had signed a contract until the end of the 2017/2018 season and have slapped a 40 million euro release clause on the Holland defender.
Martins Indi told Feyenoord’s official website: “This feels like the right time to go. I now have more than 100 games for the club and played a World Cup.”
He continued: “I have said from the beginning that I hoped that if I ever make the next step in my career it would be to a better place. Feyenoord have benefitted from my departure financially and I get to take on a new challenge in Portugal. ”
If Stefan de Vrij goes to Lazio (as expected) then surely a lot of Premier League teams will kick themselves for not signing him and Martins Indi.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United fan hails “phenomenal” Henrikh Mkhitaryan after 4-0 win over Feyenoord (Video)November 25, 2016
- Brilliant reverse pass from Wayne Rooney sets up Juan Mata tap-in v Feyenoord (Video)November 24, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan takes his Man United chance with MOTM display [Tweets]November 24, 2016
- Wayne Rooney chips goalkeeper to put Man United ahead v Feyenoord (Video)November 24, 2016
- Holland crack joke about the leaked Van Gogh Nike shirtNovember 18, 2016
- Man United’s Memphis Depay scores brilliant free-kick for Holland (official video)November 13, 2016
- Man United’s Memohis Depay scores for Holland (official video)November 13, 2016
- Spurs striker Vincent Janssen suffered memory loss after Holland concussionNovember 10, 2016
- Iker Casillas is back to his best as he takes a Champions League record away from XaviDecember 8, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016