Porto sign Dutch World Cup star Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord for €7.7m (£6.1m)
Porto’s move to sign Bruno Martins Indi came well before the Dutch defender impressed at the World Cup.
The 22-year-old shot to prominence in Brazil with some fine performances as well as some of the best images of his wide-eyed death stare that also went viral on social media.
The Portuguese giants paid 7.7 million euros for Bruno Martins Indi, the equivalent of 6.1 million pounds.
Porto announced that Martins Indi had signed a contract until the end of the 2017/2018 season and have slapped a 40 million euro release clause on the Holland defender.
Martins Indi told Feyenoord’s official website: “This feels like the right time to go. I now have more than 100 games for the club and played a World Cup.”
He continued: “I have said from the beginning that I hoped that if I ever make the next step in my career it would be to a better place. Feyenoord have benefitted from my departure financially and I get to take on a new challenge in Portugal. ”
If Stefan de Vrij goes to Lazio (as expected) then surely a lot of Premier League teams will kick themselves for not signing him and Martins Indi.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Liverpool man Dirk Kuyt wins the Eredivisie Player of the Year (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Feyenoord’s Eljero Elia gets a terrible tattoo full of mistakes [Instagram]May 4th, 2016
- Set to join Man United, Tahith Chong starred for Feyenoord U17 this week (Video)April 14th, 2016
- Dutch couple name their baby ‘Feye Noord’March 29th, 2016
- The Dutch FA want to appoint Louis van Gaal as their new technical director [Independent]March 30th, 2016
- England fall to a home defeat as Holland come from behind to win (Official Highlights)March 30th, 2016
- Highlights of Man United’s Memphis Depay performance v England (Video)March 30th, 2016
- Jamie Vardy put England ahead v Holland after a great move (Official Video)March 29th, 2016
- Arsenal scouts spotted at Porto looking at a defensive midfielder [O Jogo]May 1st, 2016
- FC Porto reject a bid from Arsenal for a midfielder [Correio da Manha]April 13th, 2016
- Porto: El Confidencial’s source on Iker Casillas rumours died years agoMarch 17th, 2016
- Porto president Pinto da Costa admits Iker Casillas’s signing has been a “fiasco̶...March 16th, 2016