Porto sign Dutch World Cup star Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord for €7.7m (£6.1m)
Porto’s move to sign Bruno Martins Indi came well before the Dutch defender impressed at the World Cup.
The 22-year-old shot to prominence in Brazil with some fine performances as well as some of the best images of his wide-eyed death stare that also went viral on social media.
The Portuguese giants paid 7.7 million euros for Bruno Martins Indi, the equivalent of 6.1 million pounds.
Porto announced that Martins Indi had signed a contract until the end of the 2017/2018 season and have slapped a 40 million euro release clause on the Holland defender.
Martins Indi told Feyenoord’s official website: “This feels like the right time to go. I now have more than 100 games for the club and played a World Cup.”
He continued: “I have said from the beginning that I hoped that if I ever make the next step in my career it would be to a better place. Feyenoord have benefitted from my departure financially and I get to take on a new challenge in Portugal. ”
If Stefan de Vrij goes to Lazio (as expected) then surely a lot of Premier League teams will kick themselves for not signing him and Martins Indi.
Watch Live Stream
- Brad Jones pulls off crazy last second stop for Feyenoord win at PSV (Video)September 18, 2016
- Liverpool hero Dirk Kuyt reacts to his win over Manchester United [Instagram]September 15, 2016
- Feyenoord’s Tonny Vilhena scores offside goal to sink lacklustre Man United (Video)September 15, 2016
- Feyenoord vs Manchester United [Team Sheets]September 15, 2016
- How did Liverpool’s Georginio Wijnaldum pull off this skill in Holland training? (Video)September 6, 2016
- Liverpool’s Gini Wijnaldum goalscoring highlights for Holland v Greece (Video)September 2, 2016
- Former Chelsea boss becomes Holland’s new assistant manager [Telegraaf]August 21, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016
- Leicester bound Islam Slimani was in tears after his final Sporting CP game (Video)August 29, 2016