Porto sign Dutch World Cup star Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord for €7.7m (£6.1m)
Porto’s move to sign Bruno Martins Indi came well before the Dutch defender impressed at the World Cup.
The 22-year-old shot to prominence in Brazil with some fine performances as well as some of the best images of his wide-eyed death stare that also went viral on social media.
The Portuguese giants paid 7.7 million euros for Bruno Martins Indi, the equivalent of 6.1 million pounds.
Porto announced that Martins Indi had signed a contract until the end of the 2017/2018 season and have slapped a 40 million euro release clause on the Holland defender.
Martins Indi told Feyenoord’s official website: “This feels like the right time to go. I now have more than 100 games for the club and played a World Cup.”
He continued: “I have said from the beginning that I hoped that if I ever make the next step in my career it would be to a better place. Feyenoord have benefitted from my departure financially and I get to take on a new challenge in Portugal. ”
If Stefan de Vrij goes to Lazio (as expected) then surely a lot of Premier League teams will kick themselves for not signing him and Martins Indi.
- Anwar El Ghazi reveals chat with Cristiano Ronaldo made him choose Holland (Quotes)
- Holland legend blasts ‘Goldfinger’ Memphis Depay days after saying he looke...
- Watch Man United’s Memphis Depay individual highlights for Holland v Turkey (Video)
- Man United’s Memphis Depay delivered four brilliant crosses for Holland v Turkey ...
- Iker Casillas gives a Porto fan his boots, young lad cries uncontrollably (Video)
- Porto are on an amazing winning streak at home in all competitions (Graphic)
- Deco reveals brilliant story behind his 2004 move from Porto to Barcelona (Abola)
- Chelsea’s U19s threw away a 3-goal lead to draw with Porto in the UEFA Youth Leag...