Porto sign Dutch World Cup star Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord for €7.7m (£6.1m)
Porto’s move to sign Bruno Martins Indi came well before the Dutch defender impressed at the World Cup.
The 22-year-old shot to prominence in Brazil with some fine performances as well as some of the best images of his wide-eyed death stare that also went viral on social media.
The Portuguese giants paid 7.7 million euros for Bruno Martins Indi, the equivalent of 6.1 million pounds.
Porto announced that Martins Indi had signed a contract until the end of the 2017/2018 season and have slapped a 40 million euro release clause on the Holland defender.
Martins Indi told Feyenoord’s official website: “This feels like the right time to go. I now have more than 100 games for the club and played a World Cup.”
He continued: “I have said from the beginning that I hoped that if I ever make the next step in my career it would be to a better place. Feyenoord have benefitted from my departure financially and I get to take on a new challenge in Portugal. ”
If Stefan de Vrij goes to Lazio (as expected) then surely a lot of Premier League teams will kick themselves for not signing him and Martins Indi.
Watch Live Stream
- Eljero Elia scores hat-trick for Feyenoord, celebrates with grim finger pictureAugust 7, 2016
- Feyenoord v PSV: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-31July 30, 2016
- Tahith Chong discusses his transfer to Manchester United [FR12.nl]June 25, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt scammed for €200k over a diamond by a butler [De Telegraaf]June 16, 2016
- Former Chelsea boss becomes Holland’s new assistant manager [Telegraaf]August 21, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Holland beat Austria 2-0 thanks to goals from Janssen & Wijnaldum (Video)June 5, 2016
- Stoke’s Marko Arnautovic spat at Holland defender Kenny Tete (Video)June 4, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Everton overtake Arsenal in the race for an Algerian winger [Record]August 22, 2016
- Arsenal target another Algerian after missing out on Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez [Mirror]August 21, 2016
- PSV destroy Porto with champagne football en route to stunning team goal (Video)July 21, 2016