Porto accept €40m offer for Eliaquim Mangala from Man City, Chelsea still interested [L’Equipe]
- July 3, 2014
Manchester City appear to keen to reinforce their central defensive options this summer and could be close to a major signing.
French newspaper L’Equipe report that the Premier League champions have had a 40 million euro offer for Eliaquim Mangala accepted by Manchester City.
Mangala has long been linked with Manchester City who are keen to add a real quality defender to play alongside Vincent Kompany in the heart of the defence at the Etihad.
Whilst a fee has been agreed for Mangala, who has a contract at Porto until 2016, L’Equipe feel the deal is far from complete.
Manchester City still have to agree personal terms with Mangala who is still being tracked by Chelsea.
L’Equipe also suggest that Mangala may even prefer to join Chelsea rather than Manchester City.
Eliaquim Mangala is part of the France World Cup squad but has struggled for playing time due to the likes of Mamadou Sakho, Raphael Varane and Laurent Koscielny.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...