Porto accept €40m offer for Eliaquim Mangala from Man City, Chelsea still interested [L’Equipe]
- July 3, 2014
Manchester City appear to keen to reinforce their central defensive options this summer and could be close to a major signing.
French newspaper L’Equipe report that the Premier League champions have had a 40 million euro offer for Eliaquim Mangala accepted by Manchester City.
Mangala has long been linked with Manchester City who are keen to add a real quality defender to play alongside Vincent Kompany in the heart of the defence at the Etihad.
Whilst a fee has been agreed for Mangala, who has a contract at Porto until 2016, L’Equipe feel the deal is far from complete.
Manchester City still have to agree personal terms with Mangala who is still being tracked by Chelsea.
L’Equipe also suggest that Mangala may even prefer to join Chelsea rather than Manchester City.
Eliaquim Mangala is part of the France World Cup squad but has struggled for playing time due to the likes of Mamadou Sakho, Raphael Varane and Laurent Koscielny.
- Chelsea fail with two bids for PSG defender Marquinhos [Best Tweets]
- Papy Djilobodji comments after completing move to Chelsea [Official]
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Chelsea closing in on the signing of Reading centre back Michael Hector [Sky Sports]
- Done Deal: Nantes defender Papy Djilobodji joins Chelsea [Tweet]
- Chelsea winger Victor Moses joins West Ham on season long loan
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...