Porto accept €40m offer for Eliaquim Mangala from Man City, Chelsea still interested [L’Equipe]
- July 3, 2014
Manchester City appear to keen to reinforce their central defensive options this summer and could be close to a major signing.
French newspaper L’Equipe report that the Premier League champions have had a 40 million euro offer for Eliaquim Mangala accepted by Manchester City.
Mangala has long been linked with Manchester City who are keen to add a real quality defender to play alongside Vincent Kompany in the heart of the defence at the Etihad.
Whilst a fee has been agreed for Mangala, who has a contract at Porto until 2016, L’Equipe feel the deal is far from complete.
Manchester City still have to agree personal terms with Mangala who is still being tracked by Chelsea.
L’Equipe also suggest that Mangala may even prefer to join Chelsea rather than Manchester City.
Eliaquim Mangala is part of the France World Cup squad but has struggled for playing time due to the likes of Mamadou Sakho, Raphael Varane and Laurent Koscielny.
- Chelsea loanee Patrick Bamford scores 20-minute hat-trick for Crystal Palace (Video)
- Man United set to offer Jonny Evans plus cash in a bid to sign Chelsea target John Ston...
- Montreal Impact publish extended video of Didier Drogba’s incredible welcome (Video)
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa once killed his pet Yorkshire Terrier by accidentally runni...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Diego Costa’s first words to John Terry after joining Chelsea were “I go to...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi