Porto accept €40m offer for Eliaquim Mangala from Man City, Chelsea still interested [L’Equipe]
Manchester City appear to keen to reinforce their central defensive options this summer and could be close to a major signing.
French newspaper L’Equipe report that the Premier League champions have had a 40 million euro offer for Eliaquim Mangala accepted by Manchester City.
Mangala has long been linked with Manchester City who are keen to add a real quality defender to play alongside Vincent Kompany in the heart of the defence at the Etihad.
Whilst a fee has been agreed for Mangala, who has a contract at Porto until 2016, L’Equipe feel the deal is far from complete.
Manchester City still have to agree personal terms with Mangala who is still being tracked by Chelsea.
L’Equipe also suggest that Mangala may even prefer to join Chelsea rather than Manchester City.
Eliaquim Mangala is part of the France World Cup squad but has struggled for playing time due to the likes of Mamadou Sakho, Raphael Varane and Laurent Koscielny.
Watch Live Stream
- Diego Forlan reveals Roy Keane’s unflattering description for ChelseaOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea wonderkid Tammy Abraham on how John Terry’s messages give him confidenceOctober 21, 2016
- Joker: David Luiz trolls a young Chelsea fan (Video)October 21, 2016
- David Luiz is looking forward to Chelsea v Manchester United (video)October 21, 2016
- Too tired: Man City star Kevin De Bruyne refuses to sign autographs for fans (video)October 21, 2016
- Eamon Dunphy blames ‘vain’ and ‘disrespectful’ Pep Guardiola for Man City’s defeat to Barça (Video)October 20, 2016
- Man United old boy Phil Neville defends Man City’s Claudio Bravo (BBC Video)October 20, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand has incredibly knee-jerk reaction to Barcelona 4 – Manchester City 0 (Video)October 19, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016