Pope Francis uses first public words in Spanish to talk about… San Lorenzo
- March 18, 2013
If you only got your Pope news from 101 Great Goals, unlikely as it may seem, you would probably only know one thing about Francis: He supports San Lorenzo.
His support for the Argentine top flight side is pretty serious as proven by his membership card that started doing the rounds last week.
And, San Lorenzo are rather proud of the newest papal playing in specially made shirts against Colon on Saturday.
Now video has emerged from Pope Francis’ first walk about in the Vatican, on Saturday, where he met member of the public.
Just hours before San Lorenzo played Colon, Pope Francis uttered some of his first public words in Spanish to a watching TV camera: “Que gane San Lorenzo” – “San Lorenzo to win”.
In truth, Colon didn’t really stand a chance!
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...