Poor Fred! Brazil striker skies a penalty for Fluminense at Botafogo
- August 18, 2014
Brazil striker Fred endured the World Cup from hell and his performances on the pitch don’t appear to be getting much better!
The 30-year-old striker was castigated by all and sundry across the planet even before Brazil were humiliated in the World Cup semi-final by Germany.
Its fair to say, Fred proved that Brazil needs better strikers and even a goal in the World Cup group stages against Cameroon failed to dispel the doubters.
By the time Fred was hauled off against Germany with 20 minutes to go, Brazil fans were openly booing their own striker.
Since the World Cup, Fred has played for Fluminense five times and struggled to pick up the goal scent again, despite notching last week in a 5-2 home defeat to America-RN.
And on Sunday night, with Fluminense 2-0 down at Botafogo, Fred stepped up to take a penalty to halve the deficit with two minutes to go.
At least the home fans had a good laugh…
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]