- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Pjanic on the streets of London: Tottenham linked to Roma’s Bosnian midfielder
Croatian news outlet Sportsport.ba have gone public with a claim that Miralem Pjanic’s representatives have begun talks in London over a potential move to Tottenham.
On the face of it the move makes sense for Spurs.
Having lost Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart last summer, the Tottenham midfield is widely regarded as being less effective this season than last. Many Spurs fans, who have seen Moussa Dembele’s season stunted with injuries, have been calling for the addition of a more creative midfielders, and after unsuccessful links with the likes of Joao Moutinho it now seems like Pjanic is the latest target for the Lilywhites.
According to Sportsport.ba:
An agent Miralem Pjanic, Michele Gerbino, arrived yesterday [Wednesday] in London, where he immediately began negotiations with the owners of Tottenham over the possible transfer of the young Bosnian international. Miralem Pjanic representatives say the player is interested in a move to Spurs, although other clubs are also said to be looking at the midfielder too. Those clubs are rumoured to include Arsenal, Manchester City, Barcelona and Milan.
How factually accurate this report proves to be will be found out in the fullness of time, but the 22-year-old attacking midfielder would be a fine recruit for Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane.
Pjanic has so far featured in seven matches for Roma in Serie A this season, scoring goals against Torino and Lazio (free-kick golazo) in the past few weeks. Both those goals can be seen below.
- Updated: November 22, 2012