Pjanic on the streets of London: Tottenham linked to Roma’s Bosnian midfielder
- November 22, 2012
Croatian news outlet Sportsport.ba have gone public with a claim that Miralem Pjanic’s representatives have begun talks in London over a potential move to Tottenham.
On the face of it the move makes sense for Spurs.
Having lost Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart last summer, the Tottenham midfield is widely regarded as being less effective this season than last. Many Spurs fans, who have seen Moussa Dembele’s season stunted with injuries, have been calling for the addition of a more creative midfielders, and after unsuccessful links with the likes of Joao Moutinho it now seems like Pjanic is the latest target for the Lilywhites.
According to Sportsport.ba:
An agent Miralem Pjanic, Michele Gerbino, arrived yesterday [Wednesday] in London, where he immediately began negotiations with the owners of Tottenham over the possible transfer of the young Bosnian international. Miralem Pjanic representatives say the player is interested in a move to Spurs, although other clubs are also said to be looking at the midfielder too. Those clubs are rumoured to include Arsenal, Manchester City, Barcelona and Milan.
How factually accurate this report proves to be will be found out in the fullness of time, but the 22-year-old attacking midfielder would be a fine recruit for Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane.
Pjanic has so far featured in seven matches for Roma in Serie A this season, scoring goals against Torino and Lazio (free-kick golazo) in the past few weeks. Both those goals can be seen below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”261638″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”261636″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...