Pitch invader slide tackles Justin Hoyte from behind (Middlesbrough 1 – Sunderland 2)
- February 9, 2012
With Harry Redknapp’s court verdict and Fabio Capello’s resignation as England boss dominating the headlines on Wednesday, it is easy to forget that there was football played last night.
The biggest game in England saw Martin O’Neill’s Sunderland revolution continue apace with an extra-time win at Sunderland in their FA Cup 4th round replay. (Highlights here.)
By far the highlight of the encounter came in the first half of extra time as couple of pitch invaders entered the fray and one of them slipped on the turf, sliding into the back of Boro full back Justin Hoyte.
As the Championship side had used all three substitutes, Hoyte was forced to stay on the pitch despite picking up an injury.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...