- Cristiano Ronaldo singled out Man United’s Chicharito for praise v Malaga [Video]
- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
Pitch invader slide tackles Justin Hoyte from behind (Middlesbrough 1 – Sunderland 2)
- February 9, 2012
With Harry Redknapp’s court verdict and Fabio Capello’s resignation as England boss dominating the headlines on Wednesday, it is easy to forget that there was football played last night.
The biggest game in England saw Martin O’Neill’s Sunderland revolution continue apace with an extra-time win at Sunderland in their FA Cup 4th round replay. (Highlights here.)
By far the highlight of the encounter came in the first half of extra time as couple of pitch invaders entered the fray and one of them slipped on the turf, sliding into the back of Boro full back Justin Hoyte.
As the Championship side had used all three substitutes, Hoyte was forced to stay on the pitch despite picking up an injury.