- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Pitch invader slide tackles Justin Hoyte from behind (Middlesbrough 1 – Sunderland 2)
With Harry Redknapp’s court verdict and Fabio Capello’s resignation as England boss dominating the headlines on Wednesday, it is easy to forget that there was football played last night.
The biggest game in England saw Martin O’Neill’s Sunderland revolution continue apace with an extra-time win at Sunderland in their FA Cup 4th round replay. (Highlights here.)
By far the highlight of the encounter came in the first half of extra time as couple of pitch invaders entered the fray and one of them slipped on the turf, sliding into the back of Boro full back Justin Hoyte.
As the Championship side had used all three substitutes, Hoyte was forced to stay on the pitch despite picking up an injury.
- Updated: February 9, 2012