- Adidas employee’s online advise for a guy buying his girlfriend a Real Madrid shirt goes viral [Pictures]
- Linfield’s Ivan Sproule sent off for putting his shirt on the corner flag v Glentoran [Video]
- Top 5 Soccer AM 2014 car park goals ft Arsenal hero David Seaman & ex-West Ham man Dean Ashton
- A young Irish Man United fan goes crazy when he gets tickets for Christmas [Video]
- Late Christmas present? Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud spotted shopping in Victoria Secret [Picture]
Pitch invader slide tackles Justin Hoyte from behind (Middlesbrough 1 – Sunderland 2)
With Harry Redknapp’s court verdict and Fabio Capello’s resignation as England boss dominating the headlines on Wednesday, it is easy to forget that there was football played last night.
The biggest game in England saw Martin O’Neill’s Sunderland revolution continue apace with an extra-time win at Sunderland in their FA Cup 4th round replay. (Highlights here.)
By far the highlight of the encounter came in the first half of extra time as couple of pitch invaders entered the fray and one of them slipped on the turf, sliding into the back of Boro full back Justin Hoyte.
As the Championship side had used all three substitutes, Hoyte was forced to stay on the pitch despite picking up an injury.
- Updated: February 9, 2012