Piss off PSG, Arsene Wenger starts contract renewal talks with Arsenal [Guardian]
- July 12, 2013
Eight years, no trophies, but Arsenal seem more than happy with Arsene Wenger.
The Guardian’s David Hyner has splashed the backpage of Saturday’s Guardian with the headline: Wenger rejects PSG Link and starts Arsenal contract talks.
According to the Guardian:
Arsene Wenger says he has begun new contract talks with Arsenal and is “committed to staying” at the club beyond next summer, when his current agreement is set to expire.
The Frenchamn has been a target for Paris St-Germain, whose managerial appointment of Laurent Blanc on a two-year deal has failed to stop speculation that they move for Wenger at the end of next season, were he not to renew at Arsenal.
[Wenger] has been on the verge of close a club record deal for the Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain while he has also been linked to Mnachester United’s Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez of Liverpool.
After snatching fourth place in the 2012-13 Premier League season to scrape into the Champions League by the skin of his teeth, Arsene Wenger is set to be rewarded with a brand new contract at the Emirates. One suspects that not all Gunners fans are likely to welcome this news with open arms.
In general however Wenger remains an iconic figure at the Emirates, and many Arsenal supporters will be delighted to hear the all signs point to the Professor staying on in North London.
A copy of Staurday’s Guardian backpage can be seen below.
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...