Piss off PSG, Arsene Wenger starts contract renewal talks with Arsenal [Guardian]
Eight years, no trophies, but Arsenal seem more than happy with Arsene Wenger.
The Guardian’s David Hyner has splashed the backpage of Saturday’s Guardian with the headline: Wenger rejects PSG Link and starts Arsenal contract talks.
According to the Guardian:
Arsene Wenger says he has begun new contract talks with Arsenal and is “committed to staying” at the club beyond next summer, when his current agreement is set to expire.
The Frenchamn has been a target for Paris St-Germain, whose managerial appointment of Laurent Blanc on a two-year deal has failed to stop speculation that they move for Wenger at the end of next season, were he not to renew at Arsenal.
[Wenger] has been on the verge of close a club record deal for the Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain while he has also been linked to Mnachester United’s Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez of Liverpool.
After snatching fourth place in the 2012-13 Premier League season to scrape into the Champions League by the skin of his teeth, Arsene Wenger is set to be rewarded with a brand new contract at the Emirates. One suspects that not all Gunners fans are likely to welcome this news with open arms.
In general however Wenger remains an iconic figure at the Emirates, and many Arsenal supporters will be delighted to hear the all signs point to the Professor staying on in North London.
A copy of Staurday’s Guardian backpage can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin assists unreal backheel golazo from outside the box (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin reveals he could be in Spain Euros squad after Carvajal’s i...May 29th, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal boss laments departure of ‘Spiritual Leaders’ Arteta & Rosicky (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms three Arsenal Stalwarts will leave this summer (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger denies rumours that he has been offered new 2-year contract extension (Video)May 13th, 2016