Pique (Barcelona) & Arbeloa (Real Madrid) share frank exchange of views after Finland goal
- March 23, 2013
For many years, over the period where Spain have won 2 Euros and a World Cup, we were told that La Furia Roja may have an Achilles heel.
This one supposed weakness was thought to be the reliance on so many Barcelona and Real Madrid players. Surely, the endless El Clasicos and ongoing rivalry that dominates La Liga, if not the whole planet, would surface when the Spain national team play.
Up until Friday night, it is fair to say this never surfaced publicly and the friendship between Iker Casillas and Xavi, as well as the seemingly endless silverware, is proof that all was right in Vicente del Bosque’s squad.
However, after Finland scored a late equaliser against Spain in World Cup qualifying, putting in doubt the holders’ even making it to Brazil 2016, Gerard Pique and Alvaro Arbeloa conducted a very frank exchange of views on the pitch at Estadio Municipal El Molinón in Gijon.
The Catalan press have pinpointed Arbeloa as one of the players Barcelona beleive to be very harsh on Lionel Messi in recent El Clasicos and this may have something to do with Pique’s outburst.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...