- Touching! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s brilliant comeback for Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim [Official Video]
- Rayo Vallecano help relocate & pay lifetime rent an 85-year-old grandma who was made homeless
- Mario Götze’s awesome strike for Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim [Official video]
- Man United boss Louis Van Gaal jokes “She’s the boss” whilst being dragged away by media manager [Video]
- Olivier Giroud out of Dortmund game: Arsenal failed to register striker for CL!
Pictures of Thursday’s Papers: Wayne Rooney will leave Man United this summer for £20m
The Telegraph, Daily Mail, the Star, The Mirror and The Times all agree on the big picture.
Wayne Rooney is heading for the Manchester United exit door this summer.
After being axed from the United squad of Tuesday night for the Champions League match with Real Madrid, whispers began getting louder that Sir Alex Ferguson has finally decided to get rid of Wayne Rooney.
Rooney, who famously announced his desire to leave Old Trafford back in 2010 only to quickly renege in a public fiasco, now seems to be left out in the cold at Carrington.
According to The Times, Rooney is said to be forcing the exit issue after being left “furious” at missing out in the Madrid game. James Ducker reports that Rooney has “failed to conceal his fury at his [Real] omission.”
The Times go on to suggest that PSG, Chelsea and Man City will all look to sign Rooney, while Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski is Sir Alex’s Ferguson’s prime replacement.
The Star have a much more tabloid slant on the story claiming that Cristiano Ronaldo is the main acquisition target for Fergie, while the Daily Mail claim that a fee of just £20m will prise Wazza from Manchester.
As for the Telegraph, they claim that rather than Rooney forcing his United exit it is Sir Alex Ferguson who is showing his number ten the door.
Thursday’s backpages can be seen below.
- Updated: March 6, 2013