Pictures: Is Stamford Bridge morphing into a WWE event with all the homemade anti-Benitez banners?
- December 6, 2012
The similarities between watching a WWE event and a match at Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge are striking these days.
In both arenas viewers entertain themselves booing cartoonish blown-out-of-proportion baddies while TV cameras exaggerate the shadow of the villains by shining a huge lens on them at every opportunity.
Then there are the homemade, almost-always-lame banners which fans bring to the events to express their hatred/love of their favourite/worst characters.
Lastly there is the omnipresent, untouchable owner of the organisations – Vince McMahon and Roman Abramovich – who the fans generally opt not to rub up the wrong way, most likely, in fear that they’ll simply walk away.
With that observation expressed, below are some of the best/worst Chelsea banners seen at the match v Nordsjaelland from Wednesday night.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...