- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Pictures: Is Stamford Bridge morphing into a WWE event with all the homemade anti-Benitez banners?
The similarities between watching a WWE event and a match at Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge are striking these days.
In both arenas viewers entertain themselves booing cartoonish blown-out-of-proportion baddies while TV cameras exaggerate the shadow of the villains by shining a huge lens on them at every opportunity.
Then there are the homemade, almost-always-lame banners which fans bring to the events to express their hatred/love of their favourite/worst characters.
Lastly there is the omnipresent, untouchable owner of the organisations – Vince McMahon and Roman Abramovich – who the fans generally opt not to rub up the wrong way, most likely, in fear that they’ll simply walk away.
With that observation expressed, below are some of the best/worst Chelsea banners seen at the match v Nordsjaelland from Wednesday night.
- Updated: December 6, 2012