Picture: Walcott & Podolski’s rubbish signing a contract celebration
- January 24, 2013
Considering Theo Walcott took so long to sign his new Arsenal contract you would think the England forward may not have brought attention to it in front of the notoriously fickle Emirates support.
After signing on at Arsenal for a further three-and-a-half years, at a wage believed to be around 100,000 pounds, Walcott marked his first game at the Emirates after committing to Arsene Wenger’s side with a goal and assist as the Gunners blitzed West Ham early in the second half.
Walcott’s goal was arguably the most eye catching of the five thanks to a terrific ball in from Lukas Podolski, the German bending it round the Hammers back line for a finish at the back post.
Walcott and Podolski then proceeded to mark the occasion by mimicking the act of signing a contract.
Unfortunately the cameras missed it as they played the replay of the goal just as Walcott and Podolski moved into signing mode.
Walcott has been in fine goal scoring form this season but really needs to up his game celebration wise – his comic spin dance move with Kieran Gibbs against Newcastle was also a bit of a shocker.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...