Picture: Walcott & Podolski’s rubbish signing a contract celebration
- January 24, 2013
Considering Theo Walcott took so long to sign his new Arsenal contract you would think the England forward may not have brought attention to it in front of the notoriously fickle Emirates support.
After signing on at Arsenal for a further three-and-a-half years, at a wage believed to be around 100,000 pounds, Walcott marked his first game at the Emirates after committing to Arsene Wenger’s side with a goal and assist as the Gunners blitzed West Ham early in the second half.
Walcott’s goal was arguably the most eye catching of the five thanks to a terrific ball in from Lukas Podolski, the German bending it round the Hammers back line for a finish at the back post.
Walcott and Podolski then proceeded to mark the occasion by mimicking the act of signing a contract.
Unfortunately the cameras missed it as they played the replay of the goal just as Walcott and Podolski moved into signing mode.
Walcott has been in fine goal scoring form this season but really needs to up his game celebration wise – his comic spin dance move with Kieran Gibbs against Newcastle was also a bit of a shocker.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi