Picture: Tottenham would be top of the Premier League if matches ended on 80 minutes
- December 11, 2012
Ten minutes is clearly a long time in football.
Tottenham fans are now experiencing an all-too-familiar feeling of disappointment after having seen an excellent run of four successive wins ended in dramatic fashion at Goodison Park last Sunday.
To recap, Clint Dempsey’s deflected long-ranger gave Spurs a late lead at Everton but the Toffees produced a sensational comeback as Steven Pienaar and Nikica Jelavic bagged goals in the final four minutes.
Hot on the heels of Tottenham’s collapse, a new league table has been formulated to flag up just how the league could look if games were just 80 minutes long.
The league isn’t easy reading for Lillywhites as it shows the how Andre Villas-Boas could be managing the EPL leaders if they could keep their concentration until the final minute.
(Spotted on fuckyeahfutbolarticles/tumblr)
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]