[Picture] The Sunday Times make a big splash that Wayne Rooney wants to join Chelsea
- July 20, 2013
The broadsheets are in agreement on Sunday as, following the Telegraph’s report that Chelsea are to bid £40m for Wayne Rooney, the Sunday Times has followed suit.
A big glossy picture from the Sunday Times has been circulated with the unmissable headline; Rooney – I want to be united with Jose.
The picture also comes with a couple of additional pieces of commentary backing up the story that Rooney is intent on moving to Stamford Bridge.
Firstly there is the note that “Wayne Rooney has been forced to accept that, as he nears 28, he is no longer Manchester United’s golden boy and his determination to leave Old Trafford.. is becoming ever more entrenched.”
Then there is the second, killer line, which claims that Rooney is prepared to hand in a transfer request to make his move to Chelsea happen.
It all beggars the question, if this is all true, why hasn’t Wayne Rooney handed in his (third?) transfer request already?!
The Sunday Times’ picture can be seen below.
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Chelsea youngster Mario Pasalic joins Monaco on loan as part of Falcao deal [Video]
- Done Deal: Chelsea secure season-long loan of Falcao from AS Monaco
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi