- Arsenal on verge of signing 15-year-old Real Madrid starlet Gorka Zabarte Moreno [Marca]
- Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s return from injury against Hoffenheim [Bundesliga Video]
- How’s my driving? Sergio Busquets startles Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique [Video]
- Alvaro Arbeloa says he doesn’t understand Platini’s problem and endorses Ronaldo to retain Ballon d’Or
- Flashback Friday! Niall Quinn and Kevin Philips combine to help Sunderland thump Chelsea [Video]
Picture: The Liverpool mosaic thanking Everton for their support over Hillsborough
Everton have supported Liverpool for 24 years over the Hillsborough disaster and on Sunday there will be a special moment ahead of the Merseyside derby.
During the recent Hillsborough memorial at Anfield, Bill Kenwright gave an excellent speech summing up just how Evertonians felt about a football tragedy that could so easily have directly affected their club instead of their great local rivals.
With Everton five points clear going into the Merseyside derby, this could well be Liverpool’s last chance to finish above their neighbours from across the Stanley Park but first the red side of the city will say thank you.
Below is a picture of the mosaic that will be lifted up by the Kop before kick off that says “Thanks” and also features the Justice Flame as well as the Everton logo.
Fans on the Kop will be asked to lift up their placards just before kick off and it should be some sight at Anfield on Sunday.
- Updated: May 4, 2013