Picture: The Liverpool mosaic thanking Everton for their support over Hillsborough
- May 4, 2013
Everton have supported Liverpool for 24 years over the Hillsborough disaster and on Sunday there will be a special moment ahead of the Merseyside derby.
During the recent Hillsborough memorial at Anfield, Bill Kenwright gave an excellent speech summing up just how Evertonians felt about a football tragedy that could so easily have directly affected their club instead of their great local rivals.
With Everton five points clear going into the Merseyside derby, this could well be Liverpool’s last chance to finish above their neighbours from across the Stanley Park but first the red side of the city will say thank you.
Below is a picture of the mosaic that will be lifted up by the Kop before kick off that says “Thanks” and also features the Justice Flame as well as the Everton logo.
Fans on the Kop will be asked to lift up their placards just before kick off and it should be some sight at Anfield on Sunday.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...