Picture: St. Etienne’s Aubameyang warmed up in €3,000 Swarovski crystal footy boots
- December 12, 2012
Football fashion has just been skyrocketed to a new level altogether.
Incredible pictures were beamed out of France on Monday night during the wam-up between Lyon and St. Etienne, as Les Verts forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was spotted going through his pre-game paces in a pair of €3,000 Swarovski crystal encrusted football boots.
The excellent Dirty Tackle have reported that “the boots are a custom design by Orravan Design using more than 4,000 crystals and taking 50 hours to complete. According to Gentside Sport they are worth €3,000.”
What remains unclear is how Aubameyang, a Gabon international, managed to get his hands on a pair of the exclusive boots.
One may have expected that the people behind Orravan Design would have wanted a more showbiz, high-profile footballer like Cristiano Ronaldo to have got the exclusive with the shiny footwork instead of the well-known, but hardly global superstar, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
For the record, St. Etienne went on to lose the match 1-0 against Lyon.
So, do we like?
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...