Picture: St. Etienne’s Aubameyang warmed up in €3,000 Swarovski crystal footy boots
- December 12, 2012
Football fashion has just been skyrocketed to a new level altogether.
Incredible pictures were beamed out of France on Monday night during the wam-up between Lyon and St. Etienne, as Les Verts forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was spotted going through his pre-game paces in a pair of €3,000 Swarovski crystal encrusted football boots.
The excellent Dirty Tackle have reported that “the boots are a custom design by Orravan Design using more than 4,000 crystals and taking 50 hours to complete. According to Gentside Sport they are worth €3,000.”
What remains unclear is how Aubameyang, a Gabon international, managed to get his hands on a pair of the exclusive boots.
One may have expected that the people behind Orravan Design would have wanted a more showbiz, high-profile footballer like Cristiano Ronaldo to have got the exclusive with the shiny footwork instead of the well-known, but hardly global superstar, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
For the record, St. Etienne went on to lose the match 1-0 against Lyon.
So, do we like?
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi