Picture: St. Etienne’s Aubameyang warmed up in €3,000 Swarovski crystal footy boots
- December 12, 2012
Football fashion has just been skyrocketed to a new level altogether.
Incredible pictures were beamed out of France on Monday night during the wam-up between Lyon and St. Etienne, as Les Verts forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was spotted going through his pre-game paces in a pair of €3,000 Swarovski crystal encrusted football boots.
The excellent Dirty Tackle have reported that “the boots are a custom design by Orravan Design using more than 4,000 crystals and taking 50 hours to complete. According to Gentside Sport they are worth €3,000.”
What remains unclear is how Aubameyang, a Gabon international, managed to get his hands on a pair of the exclusive boots.
One may have expected that the people behind Orravan Design would have wanted a more showbiz, high-profile footballer like Cristiano Ronaldo to have got the exclusive with the shiny footwork instead of the well-known, but hardly global superstar, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
For the record, St. Etienne went on to lose the match 1-0 against Lyon.
So, do we like?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...