- Everton’s Tim Howard says Man United’s Fergie is more intimidating than President Obama [Times]
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Luke Shaw’s landlord, Man United defender rents £7000-a-month house [Mirror]
- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
Picture: Man United’s official Facebook page confirms that David Moyes is their new manager
Manchester United appear to have bungled the announcement that David Moyes is their new manager.
At around 2.15pm (UK time) on Thursday afternoon, a Tweet was sent from Manchester United’s official press office leading followers to the Red Devils’ official Facebook page.
Once users clicked on the Twitter link, they saw a bright graphic which read: #UnitedContinued – Send your personal welcome to our new manager David Moyes.
Then came the balls-up.
Seconds after the Tweet was post, the Tweet was retracted as it quickly became apparent that the update was sent out too early. Nevertheless, the damage was already done.
UPDATE: Fifa’s official Twitter account also posted the Moyes update only to delete it immediately also (see below).
See Manchester United’s official Facebook page confirming that David Moyes is their new manager below, along with a few comedy Tweets comment on the press screw-up.
The press office had just clicked ‘post’ when Fergie crashed in. “STOP. I’VE CHANGED MY MIND.”
— Lauren (@fateiskind) May 9, 2013
— Dale Johnson (@dalejohnsonESPN) May 9, 2013
FIFA just posted then deleted this – twitter.com/bpfootball/sta…
— Back Page Football (@bpfootball) May 9, 2013
Have United press office dropped a bollock? Can’t see this tweet on their page now twitter.com/Dan_Townley/st…
— Dan Townley (@Dan_Townley) May 9, 2013
- Updated: May 9, 2013