Picture: Man United’s official Facebook page confirms that David Moyes is their new manager
- May 9, 2013
Manchester United appear to have bungled the announcement that David Moyes is their new manager.
At around 2.15pm (UK time) on Thursday afternoon, a Tweet was sent from Manchester United’s official press office leading followers to the Red Devils’ official Facebook page.
Once users clicked on the Twitter link, they saw a bright graphic which read: #UnitedContinued – Send your personal welcome to our new manager David Moyes.
Then came the balls-up.
Seconds after the Tweet was post, the Tweet was retracted as it quickly became apparent that the update was sent out too early. Nevertheless, the damage was already done.
UPDATE: Fifa’s official Twitter account also posted the Moyes update only to delete it immediately also (see below).
See Manchester United’s official Facebook page confirming that David Moyes is their new manager below, along with a few comedy Tweets comment on the press screw-up.
The press office had just clicked ‘post’ when Fergie crashed in. “STOP. I’VE CHANGED MY MIND.”
— Lauren (@fateiskind) May 9, 2013
— Dale Johnson (@dalejohnsonESPN) May 9, 2013
FIFA just posted then deleted this – twitter.com/bpfootball/sta…
— Back Page Football (@bpfootball) May 9, 2013
Have United press office dropped a bollock? Can’t see this tweet on their page now twitter.com/Dan_Townley/st…
— Dan Townley (@Dan_Townley) May 9, 2013
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...