Picture: Thai Liverpool fans display a disgraceful “Munich 58” anti-Man United banner
Liverpool fans have been some of the quickest people online to denounce a disgusting anti-Manchester United banner spotted during the Reds 3-0 win over Thailand on Sunday.
A group of unknown Thai Liverpool supporters were spotted holding a banner which read:
Alex Ferguson Out Working Go To The Hell (Munich, 58)
Whilst many were quick to point out that the banner was written in unbelievably poor English, more viewers of the banner were disgusted by the glorification of the Munich Air Disaster as an event to goad Manchester United fans by.
The anti-Man United banner can be seen below, together with a series of tweets denouncing the Thai supporters from UK-based Liverpool fans.
Imposters wearing Liverpool fc shirts in Thailand mocking those ManUtd players and staff who died in Munich. You disgrace the Club.#Shameful
— Darren Belfast LFC (@ddot42) July 28, 2013
Just seen that banner from those Asians. I'm not even going to take the piss, the proper Liverpool fans out there must hate them. Weapons.
— Nathan Taylor (@Nathan_Taylor97) July 28, 2013
Absolutely shocking & embarrassing banner by some fake so called Liverpool fans. Probably Never even been to the UK! pic.twitter.com/ywNLRHAUyQ
— LFC flags & Banners (@LFC_Banners) July 28, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016