- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Picture: June 17th was officially the slowest Arsenal news day of all time
Fans want to see action, Arsenal yesterday gave them pictures of grass being cut.
A top news story on Arsenal’s official website yesterday was the ground-shaking exclusive news that Emirates Stadium pitch was given its first cut of the summer. The article included 19 (!) pictures of grass being cut and images of empty stands.
The news story led to a variety of comedy comments from Arsenal fans on Reddit, including:
Everyone knows Higuain only plays on freshly cut grass. Transfer confirmed.
We also signed Rainproof Tarp on a rolling contract.
The screengrab showing the slowest Arsenal news day of all time, which amazingly got 304 Facebook likes, is below.
- Updated: June 18, 2013