- Atletico want Chelsea’s Fernando Torres as he’s eligible for the Champions League [Mundo Deportivo]
- Man United have only ever lost once on Boxing Day in the Premier League, 86.4% win record
- Stoke’s Robert Huth is this year’s Scrooge, tweets “I hate Christmas”
- Andy Carroll gives his fiancee Billi Mucklow a secret room in their new house for Christmas [Instagram]
- Watford v Wolves: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
Picture: John Terry admits on Instagram that he keeps every captain’s armband
A couple of days ago we brought you the intriguing footage of the discussion that took place in the final few minutes of Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Stoke.
As John Terry made his first team return, he could quite clearly be seen on the touchline saying “Lamps… no!” in reaction to Frank Lampard offering him the captain’s armband as he came on to the Britannia pitch.
Today, Terry has posted a picture on Instagram which suggests he takes being captain as a huge part of his game. Adding the image of a number of captain’s armbands from Chelsea and England games.
The caption along with the picture, written by Terry, says: “I save all my Captains armbands from every game I play in. This is a small collection.”
Whilst the Chelsea captain may come in for criticism this is once again excellent insight into John Terry and if you are Blues fan you would undoubtedly want this legend of Stamford Bridge leading the team out every game.
- Updated: January 16, 2013