- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Picture: Cuneyt Cakir’s heavy-handed record against Premier League teams
Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir is once again public enemy number one in Britain.
The 36-year-old UEFA Elite association official had previously taken charge of two Manchester United games before Wednesday night’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid.
On both previous occasions the Red Devils had failed to win, losing in last season’s Europa League to Athletic Bilbao after a Champions League draw with Benfica, and Cakir’s record for United failed to get any better against Jose Mourinho’s men.
The Turk was accused of ruining the game for sending off Luis Nani when United were 1-up, and the haters have been quick to dredge up evidence suggesting the official has an anti-UK bias.
Below is a history of Cuneyt Cakir’s record when officiating Premier League teams in the past few seasons.
- Updated: March 5, 2013