Picture: Cuneyt Cakir’s heavy-handed record against Premier League teams
- March 5, 2013
Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir is once again public enemy number one in Britain.
The 36-year-old UEFA Elite association official had previously taken charge of two Manchester United games before Wednesday night’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid.
On both previous occasions the Red Devils had failed to win, losing in last season’s Europa League to Athletic Bilbao after a Champions League draw with Benfica, and Cakir’s record for United failed to get any better against Jose Mourinho’s men.
The Turk was accused of ruining the game for sending off Luis Nani when United were 1-up, and the haters have been quick to dredge up evidence suggesting the official has an anti-UK bias.
Below is a history of Cuneyt Cakir’s record when officiating Premier League teams in the past few seasons.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...