- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
Picture: Cuneyt Cakir’s heavy-handed record against Premier League teams
Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir is once again public enemy number one in Britain.
The 36-year-old UEFA Elite association official had previously taken charge of two Manchester United games before Wednesday night’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid.
On both previous occasions the Red Devils had failed to win, losing in last season’s Europa League to Athletic Bilbao after a Champions League draw with Benfica, and Cakir’s record for United failed to get any better against Jose Mourinho’s men.
The Turk was accused of ruining the game for sending off Luis Nani when United were 1-up, and the haters have been quick to dredge up evidence suggesting the official has an anti-UK bias.
Below is a history of Cuneyt Cakir’s record when officiating Premier League teams in the past few seasons.
- Updated: March 5, 2013