Picture: Cuneyt Cakir’s heavy-handed record against Premier League teams
- March 5, 2013
Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir is once again public enemy number one in Britain.
The 36-year-old UEFA Elite association official had previously taken charge of two Manchester United games before Wednesday night’s Champions League tie with Real Madrid.
On both previous occasions the Red Devils had failed to win, losing in last season’s Europa League to Athletic Bilbao after a Champions League draw with Benfica, and Cakir’s record for United failed to get any better against Jose Mourinho’s men.
The Turk was accused of ruining the game for sending off Luis Nani when United were 1-up, and the haters have been quick to dredge up evidence suggesting the official has an anti-UK bias.
Below is a history of Cuneyt Cakir’s record when officiating Premier League teams in the past few seasons.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...