Picture: Sunderland fan gets a massive tattoo of Di Canio’s slide v Newcastle on his shoulder
- July 15, 2013
It was one of the iconic moments of the 2012-13 Premier League season.
On April 14, 2013, Sunderland fans experienced one of their greatest Premier League experiences as the Black Cats won 3-0 at bitter rivals Newcastle in one of the surprise results of last season.
The match was tattooed into people’s consciousness through a series of dramatic goal celebrations from Sunderland’s manager Paolo Di Canio, with the most memorable celebration being the Italian’s knee power-slide which saw the Sunderland boss scuff up his expensive suit.
Now one Sunderland fan has recorded that moment for eternity on his body by getting a massive tattoo of Di Canio’s slide on his shoulder.
Unfortunately for the fan, it appears his tattooist got the scoreline slightly muddled as it should have read “NUFC 0 – SAFC 3.”
A picture of the tattoo can be seen below.
- Lee Cattermole agrees a six year contract extension with Sunderland. Black Cats post hi...
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetba...
- Liverpool reach agreement to sell Sebastian Coates to Sunderland for £4m [Echo]
- Sunderland make £11m bid for PSV captain Georginio Wijnaldum [Guardian]
- Sunderland reveal brand new kit for 15/16 season with YouTube video
- Arsenal fan slams Mesut Ozil & Theo Walcott after 0-0 draw v Sunderland [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi