- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Picture: Sunderland fan gets a massive tattoo of Di Canio’s slide v Newcastle on his shoulder
It was one of the iconic moments of the 2012-13 Premier League season.
On April 14, 2013, Sunderland fans experienced one of their greatest Premier League experiences as the Black Cats won 3-0 at bitter rivals Newcastle in one of the surprise results of last season.
The match was tattooed into people’s consciousness through a series of dramatic goal celebrations from Sunderland’s manager Paolo Di Canio, with the most memorable celebration being the Italian’s knee power-slide which saw the Sunderland boss scuff up his expensive suit.
Now one Sunderland fan has recorded that moment for eternity on his body by getting a massive tattoo of Di Canio’s slide on his shoulder.
Unfortunately for the fan, it appears his tattooist got the scoreline slightly muddled as it should have read “NUFC 0 – SAFC 3.”
A picture of the tattoo can be seen below.
- Updated: July 15, 2013