- Different class! John Terry hails Diego Costa on Instagram
- 45-year-old Arsenal fan left the Man United game in tears after abuse from other Gooners [Audio]
- Are you drunk?! An Arsenal fan argues the Gunners beat Man United after the loss [Full Time Devils]
- Borussia Dortmund’s Jurgen Klopp talks to BT Sport, says he’s open to Premie League move [Video]
- Queretaro’s Ronaldinho gets an assist with a sweet ball over the top v Jaguares [Video]
Phil Neville leaves Man United’s coaching staff to become Match of the Day pundit [Tweets]
My new home – the next chapter! pic.twitter.com/sk0u7LfDkm
— Philip Neville (@fizzer18) August 6, 2014
Phil Neville has left Manchester United’s coaching staff to become a pundit on Match of the Day.
The ex-defender revealed the move on social media and was quite clearly excited but the tone on Twitter wasn’t quite as delightful!
Neville came in for flak during the World Cup for his boring analysis of games and bland commentary but he hasn’t let the criticism damage his confidence in his own ability and continues to soldier on, trying to establish himself as a pundit.
You can see the best reactions below.
Interesting as about 2 wks ago Phil Neville said to @Luzhniki2008 and my face that he was still at United. Must have been a ruthless LVG axe
— Wayne Barton (@yolkie_) August 6, 2014
Pleased with the BBC for trying to help me go to bed at an earlier time on Saturday nights…Phil Neville on #MOTD
— FootballFacts101 (@FootballFact101) August 6, 2014
— Jim Daly (@jimdalycomedy) August 6, 2014
Phil Neville, Ruud Gullit and Rio Ferdinand on MOTD Don't tell me that there isn't advantages to being relegated. #ffc
— Russell Potter (@Dullbuthonest) August 6, 2014
— RedCafe.net (@red_cafe) August 6, 2014
Just heard the grate (not a typo) news that Phil Neville will be a new MOTD pundit. The nation awaits!. pic.twitter.com/RMYlOn1LZR
— Andrew Gallagher (@kids_cats_golf) August 6, 2014
Phil Neville has left his job at United today. Let's have a look at his highlights. pic.twitter.com/MNWoriQbEw
— Guy Goma (@therickypedia) August 6, 2014
- Updated: August 6, 2014