Phil Jones misses Hull v Man United, out for 2 weeks with knee injury [MUTV]
We can confirm Phil Jones has suffered a knee injury and is expected to be out for a couple of weeks. #mufc
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 26, 2013
One of the best players for Manchester United this season was missing from the team sheet at Hull today.
Phil Jones has excelled under David Moyes in 2013/2014 in both defence and midfield but Manchester United’s in-house channel MUTV has reported the England international is out for two weeks with a knee injury.
This is likely to shed yet more doubt on Moyes’ training methods with Robin van Persie out and a host of niggling injuries throughout the season.
Moyes has paired Jonny Evans with Chris Smalling at the heart of the defence for Manchester United at Hull today and with Darren Fletcher as well as Michael Carrick back, they should be ok in the central positions.
You do feel though that Manchester United are a few more injuries to key players away from being in crisis mode…
Especially as the games are coming thick and fast. Jones will almost certainly miss: Norwich (a), Spurs (h), Swansea (h) and Sunderland (a).
Watch Live Stream
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho ‘feels sorry’ for Sam Allardyce after his dream job ended in disaster (Video)September 28, 2016
- Jesse Lingard plays down impact of Wayne Rooney’s absence (Video)September 28, 2016
- Man United v Zorya: UEFA Europa League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 28, 2016
- Terrible news for Manchester United’s Phil JonesSeptember 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms that Phil Jones has suffered another injury [Tweets]September 14, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- Phil Jones discusses his Man United career so far & his future ambitions (Video)August 19, 2016