- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford scores classy equaliser for Middlesbrough at Wigan
- Incredible goalkeeper throw assist from Iran! Alireza Beiranvand (Naft Tehran) v Tractor Sazi [Video]
- Steward took ‘Wenger Out’ poster out an Arsenal fan’s hands at the Man United game [Pictures]
- RISK FREE: Back Southampton to beat Aston Villa at 5/1 + money back if you lose!!!!
- Awesome scissors kick Golazo! Yann Kermorgant for Bournemouth v Ipswich
Phil Jones misses Hull v Man United, out for 2 weeks with knee injury [MUTV]
We can confirm Phil Jones has suffered a knee injury and is expected to be out for a couple of weeks. #mufc
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 26, 2013
One of the best players for Manchester United this season was missing from the team sheet at Hull today.
Phil Jones has excelled under David Moyes in 2013/2014 in both defence and midfield but Manchester United’s in-house channel MUTV has reported the England international is out for two weeks with a knee injury.
This is likely to shed yet more doubt on Moyes’ training methods with Robin van Persie out and a host of niggling injuries throughout the season.
Moyes has paired Jonny Evans with Chris Smalling at the heart of the defence for Manchester United at Hull today and with Darren Fletcher as well as Michael Carrick back, they should be ok in the central positions.
You do feel though that Manchester United are a few more injuries to key players away from being in crisis mode…
Especially as the games are coming thick and fast. Jones will almost certainly miss: Norwich (a), Spurs (h), Swansea (h) and Sunderland (a).
- Updated: December 26, 2013