Phil Jones misses Hull v Man United, out for 2 weeks with knee injury [MUTV]
We can confirm Phil Jones has suffered a knee injury and is expected to be out for a couple of weeks. #mufc
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 26, 2013
One of the best players for Manchester United this season was missing from the team sheet at Hull today.
Phil Jones has excelled under David Moyes in 2013/2014 in both defence and midfield but Manchester United’s in-house channel MUTV has reported the England international is out for two weeks with a knee injury.
This is likely to shed yet more doubt on Moyes’ training methods with Robin van Persie out and a host of niggling injuries throughout the season.
Moyes has paired Jonny Evans with Chris Smalling at the heart of the defence for Manchester United at Hull today and with Darren Fletcher as well as Michael Carrick back, they should be ok in the central positions.
You do feel though that Manchester United are a few more injuries to key players away from being in crisis mode…
Especially as the games are coming thick and fast. Jones will almost certainly miss: Norwich (a), Spurs (h), Swansea (h) and Sunderland (a).
Watch Live Stream
- Paul Pogba’s move to Manchester United deemed ‘a formality’ [Times]July 30, 2016
- Well Duh: Mail write unbelievably obvious story about Sir Alex Ferguson & Paul PogbaJuly 30, 2016
- Paul Pogba to Man United & John Stones to Man City are virtually done deals (BBC Audio)July 30, 2016
- Paul Pogba signs a Man United fan’s shirt with ‘Pogba 6’ on the back [Instagram]July 30, 2016
- Man United fans slam Phil Jones & Memphis Depay after woeful displays v Dortmund [Tweets]July 22, 2016
- Phil Jones posts quality fan footage of Juan Mata’s Man United winner v Watford (video)March 3, 2016
- Phil Jones celebrates Manchester United’s win over Liverpool with the fans (Video)January 17, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger & Phil Jones celebrate Man United’s win at Liverpool on social mediaJanuary 17, 2016