Phil Jones misses Hull v Man United, out for 2 weeks with knee injury [MUTV]
- December 26, 2013
We can confirm Phil Jones has suffered a knee injury and is expected to be out for a couple of weeks. #mufc
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 26, 2013
One of the best players for Manchester United this season was missing from the team sheet at Hull today.
Phil Jones has excelled under David Moyes in 2013/2014 in both defence and midfield but Manchester United’s in-house channel MUTV has reported the England international is out for two weeks with a knee injury.
This is likely to shed yet more doubt on Moyes’ training methods with Robin van Persie out and a host of niggling injuries throughout the season.
Moyes has paired Jonny Evans with Chris Smalling at the heart of the defence for Manchester United at Hull today and with Darren Fletcher as well as Michael Carrick back, they should be ok in the central positions.
You do feel though that Manchester United are a few more injuries to key players away from being in crisis mode…
Especially as the games are coming thick and fast. Jones will almost certainly miss: Norwich (a), Spurs (h), Swansea (h) and Sunderland (a).
- Man Utd’s Bastian Schweinsteiger pinged a lovely volley pass to Rooney v PSG (GIF)
- Watch Memphis Depay’s individual highlights for Man United v PSG (Video)
- Pedro’s move from Barcelona to Man United is matter of “when, not if”...
- “Missing” Angel Di Maria posters spotted in Manchester ahead of Man United ...
- Matteo Darmian’s impressive individual highlights for Man United v PSG (Video)
- Watch Louis van Gaal bat away questions about Angel Di Maria at his latest Man United p...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi