Phil Jagielka tips new Man United captain Wayne Rooney to skipper England too [ITV]
- August 13, 2014
Phil Jagielka has tipped Wayne Rooney to be made the new captain of England, report ITV.
Rooney has just been named as new Manchester United captain and Jagielka thinks that Rooney could lead another team when he’s not representing his club side.
Speaking at the official Premier League launch, Jagielka said: “It looks like Wayne’s going to be the main candidate for it, so I don’t see why not.
If you look at the way he’s matured over the last few years, obviously there’s games where he probably does get a little too heated up, but that’s what we love about the way he plays – his passion.
And I’m sure the England fans would love that as well.
I think it’s definitely a good decision for Manchester United to make him captain and I think the way he’s progressed over the last few years, settling down with a family and all sorts, I think he’d be a great choice as England captain.”
Has Rooney the leadership qualities to warrant being awarded BOTH the Man United and England armbands?
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Laura Bassett reflects on her semi-final own goal for Japan v England [video]
- Paul Gascoigne’s career highlights get the Lego treatment [Video]
- Gutted: Laura Bassett’s seriously unfortunate own goal for Japan v England [GIF &...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi