Phil Jagielka tips new Man United captain Wayne Rooney to skipper England too [ITV]
- August 13, 2014
Phil Jagielka has tipped Wayne Rooney to be made the new captain of England, report ITV.
Rooney has just been named as new Manchester United captain and Jagielka thinks that Rooney could lead another team when he’s not representing his club side.
Speaking at the official Premier League launch, Jagielka said: “It looks like Wayne’s going to be the main candidate for it, so I don’t see why not.
If you look at the way he’s matured over the last few years, obviously there’s games where he probably does get a little too heated up, but that’s what we love about the way he plays – his passion.
And I’m sure the England fans would love that as well.
I think it’s definitely a good decision for Manchester United to make him captain and I think the way he’s progressed over the last few years, settling down with a family and all sorts, I think he’d be a great choice as England captain.”
Has Rooney the leadership qualities to warrant being awarded BOTH the Man United and England armbands?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...