Phil Jagielka tips new Man United captain Wayne Rooney to skipper England too [ITV]
- August 13, 2014
Phil Jagielka has tipped Wayne Rooney to be made the new captain of England, report ITV.
Rooney has just been named as new Manchester United captain and Jagielka thinks that Rooney could lead another team when he’s not representing his club side.
Speaking at the official Premier League launch, Jagielka said: “It looks like Wayne’s going to be the main candidate for it, so I don’t see why not.
If you look at the way he’s matured over the last few years, obviously there’s games where he probably does get a little too heated up, but that’s what we love about the way he plays – his passion.
And I’m sure the England fans would love that as well.
I think it’s definitely a good decision for Manchester United to make him captain and I think the way he’s progressed over the last few years, settling down with a family and all sorts, I think he’d be a great choice as England captain.”
Has Rooney the leadership qualities to warrant being awarded BOTH the Man United and England armbands?
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Leaked: England’s 2015-16 blue on blue away kit is ugly [Pictures]
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...