- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
Petr Cech may leave Chelsea after silent snub from Jose Mourinho [Mirror]
After all Jose Mourinho’s tall talk of managing the Courtois-Cech situation with tactful diplomacy, it looks like the Chelsea boss shirked that duty, if the Mirror’s John Cross is to be believed.
Cross claims that Cech wasn’t even forwarned by Mourinho that he wouldn’t be playing, which is believable, considering Courtois has confirmed that he was only told he was playing an hour before kick-off.
After 10 years service between the sticks for Chelsea, surely Cech deserved a bit better than to be given the silent treatment.
The Mirror claim that the snub has left Cech bitterly disappoined and disillusioned, and will consider his long-term future, with PSG and Monaco well-documented interested parties.
The Independent, meanwhile, report nothing of Mourinho snubbing Cech, but do claim that he’s demanding talks with the club over his long term future.
- Updated: August 19, 2014