- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Perennial Tottenham target Leandro Damiao is finally leaving Internacional but he’s decided to stay in Brazil
For the first transfer window in a long, long time, Tottenham fans won’t have to read stories linking Internacional striker Leandro Damiao to White Hart Lane.
Just 12 months ago Tottenham manager Andre-Villas Boas told Brazilian portal Lancenet:
Leandro had a spectacular Olympics. We follow the best players and the youngsters, Damiao fits this profile. He has had injuries after London 2012 but he is a player that is always on our list.
For better or for worse though, 24-year-old Leandro Damiao is now leaving Internacional, however widespread reports in South America are claiming that the forward is heading to Santos for €13 million.
Since signing for Internacional for just £150,000 three years ago, Damiao played 179 games for Internacional scoring 90 goals.
Noticeably, after bagging a whopping 41 goals in 201, Damiao’s career has petered off in recent times, and in 2013 the forward has scored just 13 times.
- Updated: December 12, 2013