Perennial Tottenham target Leandro Damiao is finally leaving Internacional but he’s decided to stay in Brazil
- December 12, 2013
For the first transfer window in a long, long time, Tottenham fans won’t have to read stories linking Internacional striker Leandro Damiao to White Hart Lane.
Just 12 months ago Tottenham manager Andre-Villas Boas told Brazilian portal Lancenet:
Leandro had a spectacular Olympics. We follow the best players and the youngsters, Damiao fits this profile. He has had injuries after London 2012 but he is a player that is always on our list.
For better or for worse though, 24-year-old Leandro Damiao is now leaving Internacional, however widespread reports in South America are claiming that the forward is heading to Santos for €13 million.
Since signing for Internacional for just £150,000 three years ago, Damiao played 179 games for Internacional scoring 90 goals.
Noticeably, after bagging a whopping 41 goals in 201, Damiao’s career has petered off in recent times, and in 2013 the forward has scored just 13 times.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...