- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Perennial Tottenham target Leandro Damiao is finally leaving Internacional but he’s decided to stay in Brazil
For the first transfer window in a long, long time, Tottenham fans won’t have to read stories linking Internacional striker Leandro Damiao to White Hart Lane.
Just 12 months ago Tottenham manager Andre-Villas Boas told Brazilian portal Lancenet:
Leandro had a spectacular Olympics. We follow the best players and the youngsters, Damiao fits this profile. He has had injuries after London 2012 but he is a player that is always on our list.
For better or for worse though, 24-year-old Leandro Damiao is now leaving Internacional, however widespread reports in South America are claiming that the forward is heading to Santos for €13 million.
Since signing for Internacional for just £150,000 three years ago, Damiao played 179 games for Internacional scoring 90 goals.
Noticeably, after bagging a whopping 41 goals in 201, Damiao’s career has petered off in recent times, and in 2013 the forward has scored just 13 times.
- Updated: December 12, 2013