Perennial Tottenham target Leandro Damiao is finally leaving Internacional but he’s decided to stay in Brazil
- December 12, 2013
For the first transfer window in a long, long time, Tottenham fans won’t have to read stories linking Internacional striker Leandro Damiao to White Hart Lane.
Just 12 months ago Tottenham manager Andre-Villas Boas told Brazilian portal Lancenet:
Leandro had a spectacular Olympics. We follow the best players and the youngsters, Damiao fits this profile. He has had injuries after London 2012 but he is a player that is always on our list.
For better or for worse though, 24-year-old Leandro Damiao is now leaving Internacional, however widespread reports in South America are claiming that the forward is heading to Santos for €13 million.
Since signing for Internacional for just £150,000 three years ago, Damiao played 179 games for Internacional scoring 90 goals.
Noticeably, after bagging a whopping 41 goals in 201, Damiao’s career has petered off in recent times, and in 2013 the forward has scored just 13 times.
- Ex-Man United man Anderson sent off for Internacional as his tough time in Brazil conti...
- Internacional have sold Brazilian midfielder Allan to Liverpool for £500,000 [UOL Esporte]
- Man United are close to signing 20-year-old Rodrigo Dourado from Internacional [TMW]
- International scored two quality goals against Atletico Mineiro in the Copa Libertadore...
- Internacional’s Fabricio is sent off v Ypiranga for swearing at his own fans [Video]
- Chelsea join Arsenal in the race for Charles Aranguiz [Chilean reports]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi