- Scottish pundit Alan McInally accidentally swore live on Sky Sports News [Vine]
- Funny football moments – fails, bloopers featuring Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar [Video]
- Newcastle v Everton [Team Sheets]
- Man United’s Juan Mata: “White Hart Lane is always a difficult stadium”
- Cesc Fabregas booked for diving v Southampton, should have been a penalty
Pepe Reina is going back to Liverpool as Napoli cannot afford him [Sky Italia]
Sky Italia’s inside-man Gianluca Di Marzio is reporting that Pepe Reina is going back to Liverpool.
Whether Reina will start next season at Anfield remains to be seen, but for now it appears that the Spanish keeper’s time at Napoli has come to an end.
Former Liverpool manager, and current Napoli boss, Rafa Benitez has explained:
He’s under contract with Liverpool for two more years, he returns there to compete for the starting spot: we can’t afford his wages. In Serie A we don’t pay wages as high as in the Premier League.
Di Marzio, who is more than often 100% spot on with his information, has taken that to mean that Reina will definitely not be at Napoli next season.
The news is likely going to come as a shock to the goalie, who told Gazzetta dello Sport this week: “There is the possibility to stay at Napoli. It will depend on Liverpool, Napoli and on Reina. I have been really happy at Napoli and I feel loved.”
Reina, 31, spent the 2013-14 campaign on loan at Napoi playing 29 games.
- Updated: June 12, 2014