Pepe Reina insists Spain remain confident in their own ability ahead of Chile game [Video]
- June 15, 2014
Spain goalkeeper Pepe Reina has insisted that Spain remain confident in their own ability and that if the ‘best version’ of the team turn up then they’ll beat Chile.
Spain are the reigning world champions but are coming off the back of a shock 5-1 defeat at the hands of Holland and have their work cut out to qualify for the next round.
Reina thought that it was well within Spain’s capabilities to beat Chile: “We’ve played against them a few times in the last few years and they’ve always given us some problems. But we totally trust in ourselves, it depends on us and if we’re in a good mood and in the best version of Spain, I think we can win it.”
Reina may well be called upon to start the game after Iker Casillas’s shocking performance and with other squad goalkeeper David De Gea injured for the rest of the group stage. You can see the interview with Reina below.
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Cheat: Javier Pastore’s embarrassing attempt to win a penalty during Argentina v ...
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Chile’s fans insulted and assaulted Leo Messi’s family during the Copa Amer...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez lead Chile to Copa America shoot-out glory v Argentina [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi