Pepe Reina insists Spain remain confident in their own ability ahead of Chile game [Video]
- June 15, 2014
Spain goalkeeper Pepe Reina has insisted that Spain remain confident in their own ability and that if the ‘best version’ of the team turn up then they’ll beat Chile.
Spain are the reigning world champions but are coming off the back of a shock 5-1 defeat at the hands of Holland and have their work cut out to qualify for the next round.
Reina thought that it was well within Spain’s capabilities to beat Chile: “We’ve played against them a few times in the last few years and they’ve always given us some problems. But we totally trust in ourselves, it depends on us and if we’re in a good mood and in the best version of Spain, I think we can win it.”
Reina may well be called upon to start the game after Iker Casillas’s shocking performance and with other squad goalkeeper David De Gea injured for the rest of the group stage. You can see the interview with Reina below.
Watch Live Stream
- Uruguayans claim Luis Suarez didn’t swear at Chile fans, but he did troll themNovember 17, 2016
- Arsenal warrior Alexis Sanchez lost his temper with the dugout after a Luis Suarez fall (Official Video)November 17, 2016
- Luis Suarez is in hot bother for swearing at Chile fans, faces a banNovember 16, 2016
- Chile’s Gonzalo Jara accused of another anal probe v Uruguay, this time on Boro’s Gaston RamirezNovember 16, 2016
- Napoli’s Pepe Reina furiously reacts to reports claiming he phoned up Barcelona [Tweet]August 17, 2016
- Two former Liverpool players and Kop Idols tweet their delight at Hillsborough JF96 VerdictApril 27, 2016
- Pepe Reina has a dig at former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers on TwitterOctober 6, 2015
- Pepe Reina executes stunning overhead kick in Bayern Munich game of footballtennis [Video]April 27, 2015
- Lallana & Vardy set up England, but Spain salvaged a 2-2 draw (Official Video)November 16, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo jokes about Spain’s mannequin challenge [Instagram]November 16, 2016
- Eric Dier v Ander Herrera: Spurs & Man United fans argue over which team is harder [Tweets]November 16, 2016
- Spain do the mannequin challenge in Wembley dressing room after England game (Video)November 16, 2016