- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich: Football from the Heavens [Tactical video]
- Updated: October 6, 2013
The video below comes from @counterpressing on Twitter who describes it as: “a flawless 5 minute spell Bayern had vs. City. Awe-inspiring football.”
And, it is hard to disagree with that assessment as Bayern Munich, already 3-0 up, produced some brilliant Tiki-Taka before winning the ball back expertly through Phillip Lahm at the base of the midfield.
This season was always likely to be about how Pep Guardiola could improve Bayern Munich after they had won the treble under Jupp Heynckes.
On Saturday, there was another demonstration, at Bayer Leverkusen. Bayern may have “only” drawn 1-1 at the team third place in the Bundesliga but they dominated with a staggering 73% possession. As the away team.
Sky Sports in Germany also tried to decipher just how Pep Guardiola’s side play and went with the graphic above, which shows how Bayern Munich often have 8 players around the ball.
Finally, on Guardiola’s Bayern, which frighteningly has yet to fully evolve, we recommend an excellent piece by Gary Neville in today’s Mail on Sunday.
The money quote from G Nev is: “Pep Guardiola has no shame or embarrassment that he wanted his team to be hard working, to sprint to the ball to hunt in packs. ‘Squeeze them in!’ is the shout we’d hear from the sidelines. But if an English coach was seen pumping his fists, waving his arms and screaming: ‘Squeeze them in!’ he would be in danger of being portrayed as a dinosaur.”