Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich: Football from the Heavens [Tactical video]
The video below comes from @counterpressing on Twitter who describes it as: “a flawless 5 minute spell Bayern had vs. City. Awe-inspiring football.”
And, it is hard to disagree with that assessment as Bayern Munich, already 3-0 up, produced some brilliant Tiki-Taka before winning the ball back expertly through Phillip Lahm at the base of the midfield.
This season was always likely to be about how Pep Guardiola could improve Bayern Munich after they had won the treble under Jupp Heynckes.
On Saturday, there was another demonstration, at Bayer Leverkusen. Bayern may have “only” drawn 1-1 at the team third place in the Bundesliga but they dominated with a staggering 73% possession. As the away team.
Sky Sports in Germany also tried to decipher just how Pep Guardiola’s side play and went with the graphic above, which shows how Bayern Munich often have 8 players around the ball.
Finally, on Guardiola’s Bayern, which frighteningly has yet to fully evolve, we recommend an excellent piece by Gary Neville in today’s Mail on Sunday.
The money quote from G Nev is: “Pep Guardiola has no shame or embarrassment that he wanted his team to be hard working, to sprint to the ball to hunt in packs. ‘Squeeze them in!’ is the shout we’d hear from the sidelines. But if an English coach was seen pumping his fists, waving his arms and screaming: ‘Squeeze them in!’ he would be in danger of being portrayed as a dinosaur.”
Watch Live Stream
- Rafinha & Javi Martinez take on Bayern Munich Christmas sweater challenge (Video)November 30, 2016
- Thomas Muller sings Silent Night with supporter during Bayern fan club visit (Video)November 28, 2016
- Bayern president tells Bastian Schweinsteiger to bleed Man United dry [ESPN]November 28, 2016
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola impressed with Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United of late (Video)December 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola calls a journalist a ‘liar’ for fake news story regarding Alexis SanchezDecember 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure to sit down & not warm up v Chelsea (Video)December 4, 2016