Pep Guardiola rules out signing Chelsea’s David Luiz: “He will not come to Munich”
Less than 48 hours after the Daily Mail claimed that Bayern Munich will bid £40m to try and sign Chelsea’s David Luiz, the man in charge at the Allainz Arena has categorically denied that any bid will be made this summer.
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has told reporters that David Luiz will not be moving the the reigning Champions League holders, saying:
He will not come to Munich. We have four, five centre-backs. I am very happy with them. Speculation is not true.
Pep’s quotes are not the first time this summer that Bayern have ruled out a move for Luiz, depsite contant chatter suggesting the opposite is true.
Bayern’s club director Matthias Sammer has also gone on the record in recent days, announcing:
We are not going to sign a new defender since we have already signed a defender this summer in Jan Kirchhoff. The decision not to sign a further defender is clearly to be seen as giving a fair chance to Jan.
The news has broken on the same day that Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has been charged with tax evasion after lengthy investigation by German prosecutors.
- Bayern Munich boost as Franck Ribery starts running again (Video)
- Xabi Alonso is no longer the king of the long range golazo at Bayern Munich (Video)
- Bayern’s Franz Beckenbauer quotes the Bible to convince Pep Guardiola to not join...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Man City next season [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Steven Gerrard’s slip is the latest clip to get the Thierry Henry reaction (video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas is now the top assist-maker in Spanish history (Video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hit with 6-month driving ban [Mirror]
- Diego Costa admits he returned to Chelsea pre-season overweight, defends Jose Mourinho
- Jozy Altidore made PSG defender David Luiz look like a chump with a sublime nutmeg (Video)
- A young girl tells PSG’s David Luiz that he’s good, but she prefers Barcelo...
- Brazil’s David Luiz & Thiago Silva take amazing photos with kid lookalikes [...
- The David Luiz & Thiago Silva kid lookalikes were Brazil mascots for Mexico match ...