- Worst Xmas present! Borussia Dortmund fan gets a toaster which makes Barcelona bread [Pictures]
- Corinthians intensify effort to sign Spurs’ Paulinho, player’s wife being pregnant a factor [Globo]
- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
- Man United & Arsenal have a great win % on Boxing Day, Aston Villa less so
Pep Guardiola rules out signing Chelsea’s David Luiz: “He will not come to Munich”
Less than 48 hours after the Daily Mail claimed that Bayern Munich will bid £40m to try and sign Chelsea’s David Luiz, the man in charge at the Allainz Arena has categorically denied that any bid will be made this summer.
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has told reporters that David Luiz will not be moving the the reigning Champions League holders, saying:
He will not come to Munich. We have four, five centre-backs. I am very happy with them. Speculation is not true.
Pep’s quotes are not the first time this summer that Bayern have ruled out a move for Luiz, depsite contant chatter suggesting the opposite is true.
Bayern’s club director Matthias Sammer has also gone on the record in recent days, announcing:
We are not going to sign a new defender since we have already signed a defender this summer in Jan Kirchhoff. The decision not to sign a further defender is clearly to be seen as giving a fair chance to Jan.
The news has broken on the same day that Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has been charged with tax evasion after lengthy investigation by German prosecutors.
- Updated: July 30, 2013