Pele panders for Germany to underperform at the World Cup so Brazil can win in a new Volkswagen ad
- December 24, 2013
Like a President addressing a nation, Pele appeared on German TV last night in a brand new advert for Volkswagen.
Brazil’s three-time world champion Pele (73) was presented as his nation’s football minister for the 2014 World Cup, and he expressed a desire to speak with the German people directly.
In the commercial for VW, Pele said:
I congratulate you for your great footballing performances. Germany now play almost as well as Brazilians. But we Brazilians are now faced with hosting the most important world tournament in our own country. So please, please, play a bit less well at the World Cup.
At the end of the advert Pele wishes Germany well at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Watch the new Volkswagen ad (in German) below.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Bayern Munich chairman says Maradona was better than Pele [Video]
- Liverpool post video of Pele’s day at Anfield for Man United game [Video]
- Pele hails Harry Kane and offers advice to Spurs’ young star [Video]
- Pele to attend Liverpool v Man United on Sunday as an ambassador for Subway [Best Tweets]
- Lionel Messi breaks Pele’s record for club goals in 6 consecutive seasons [Graphic]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...