Pele panders for Germany to underperform at the World Cup so Brazil can win in a new Volkswagen ad
- December 24, 2013
Like a President addressing a nation, Pele appeared on German TV last night in a brand new advert for Volkswagen.
Brazil’s three-time world champion Pele (73) was presented as his nation’s football minister for the 2014 World Cup, and he expressed a desire to speak with the German people directly.
In the commercial for VW, Pele said:
I congratulate you for your great footballing performances. Germany now play almost as well as Brazilians. But we Brazilians are now faced with hosting the most important world tournament in our own country. So please, please, play a bit less well at the World Cup.
At the end of the advert Pele wishes Germany well at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Watch the new Volkswagen ad (in German) below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...