- Cristiano Ronaldo has to hold himself from laughing at joker Coentrão during Christmas message [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- John Terry & MOTM Eden Hazard interview post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- Barça loanee (West Ham) Alex Song: ‘Arsenal is a big family that’s still part of my heart’
Pele panders for Germany to underperform at the World Cup so Brazil can win in a new Volkswagen ad
Like a President addressing a nation, Pele appeared on German TV last night in a brand new advert for Volkswagen.
Brazil’s three-time world champion Pele (73) was presented as his nation’s football minister for the 2014 World Cup, and he expressed a desire to speak with the German people directly.
In the commercial for VW, Pele said:
I congratulate you for your great footballing performances. Germany now play almost as well as Brazilians. But we Brazilians are now faced with hosting the most important world tournament in our own country. So please, please, play a bit less well at the World Cup.
At the end of the advert Pele wishes Germany well at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Watch the new Volkswagen ad (in German) below.
- Updated: December 24, 2013