Pele panders for Germany to underperform at the World Cup so Brazil can win in a new Volkswagen ad
- December 24, 2013
Like a President addressing a nation, Pele appeared on German TV last night in a brand new advert for Volkswagen.
Brazil’s three-time world champion Pele (73) was presented as his nation’s football minister for the 2014 World Cup, and he expressed a desire to speak with the German people directly.
In the commercial for VW, Pele said:
I congratulate you for your great footballing performances. Germany now play almost as well as Brazilians. But we Brazilians are now faced with hosting the most important world tournament in our own country. So please, please, play a bit less well at the World Cup.
At the end of the advert Pele wishes Germany well at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Watch the new Volkswagen ad (in German) below.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Bayern Munich chairman says Maradona was better than Pele [Video]
- Liverpool post video of Pele’s day at Anfield for Man United game [Video]
- Pele hails Harry Kane and offers advice to Spurs’ young star [Video]
- Pele to attend Liverpool v Man United on Sunday as an ambassador for Subway [Best Tweets]
- Lionel Messi breaks Pele’s record for club goals in 6 consecutive seasons [Graphic]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi