Scholes talks to Gary Neville about not joining Facebook, Fergie quitting, Moyes & his future
- May 12, 2013
Paul Scholes doesn’t talk on camera much, and this maybe his last high-profile interview as a Manchester United player.
Before Manchester United’s match with Swansea on Sunday, Scholes, who announced his retirement over the weekend, sat down with leading Sky Sports pundit (and ex-teammate) Gary Neville for a wonderful chit-chat on a variety of subjects.
When asked about whether he’ll join Facebook anytime soon, Scholes replied with a quick-fire “No! Whats the point about telling people what you’re doing!”
Scholes went on to talk about how he found out that Sir Alex Ferguson was retiring (“there were rumblings on the Tuesday afternoon”), how this season will be his final season at Old Trafford (“I’m sure this it it… the last four months have been difficult”), whilst the ginger genius also imparted some thoughts of incoming boss David Moyes.
Scholes also said he has aspirations of becoming a football manager, while thoughts about joining the Man United boot room were also chewed over.
The interview finished with Scholes making light of rumours linking Wayne Rooney with a move away from Man United.
Watch Gary Neville’s excellent interview with Paul Scholes below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...