Scholes talks to Gary Neville about not joining Facebook, Fergie quitting, Moyes & his future
- May 12, 2013
Paul Scholes doesn’t talk on camera much, and this maybe his last high-profile interview as a Manchester United player.
Before Manchester United’s match with Swansea on Sunday, Scholes, who announced his retirement over the weekend, sat down with leading Sky Sports pundit (and ex-teammate) Gary Neville for a wonderful chit-chat on a variety of subjects.
When asked about whether he’ll join Facebook anytime soon, Scholes replied with a quick-fire “No! Whats the point about telling people what you’re doing!”
Scholes went on to talk about how he found out that Sir Alex Ferguson was retiring (“there were rumblings on the Tuesday afternoon”), how this season will be his final season at Old Trafford (“I’m sure this it it… the last four months have been difficult”), whilst the ginger genius also imparted some thoughts of incoming boss David Moyes.
Scholes also said he has aspirations of becoming a football manager, while thoughts about joining the Man United boot room were also chewed over.
The interview finished with Scholes making light of rumours linking Wayne Rooney with a move away from Man United.
Watch Gary Neville’s excellent interview with Paul Scholes below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi