Paul Scholes takes over first team training at Stalybridge Celtic ‘as a favour’
- October 18, 2013
Does anyone in football not respect the legend that is Paul Scholes?
The ex-Manchester United midfielder retired in the summer but this week has been in charge of training at Skrill North club Stalybridge Celtic.
Their manager Jim Harvey left the club last week and Scholes agreed to take over training for the week as long as it didn’t ‘get out.’
“He wanted it kept private and the lads, although they were really excited, were brilliant in not letting it out,” revealed chairman Rob Gorski.
“Paul is going back to work with the United Under-19s but he’s gone back with great memories and everyone’s really appreciated having him around. A truly class guy.”
17 year old Louis Smith who grew up a Manchester United fan said, “He’s a childhood idol so it was a great experience.”
“There’s no-one better to learn from. You learnt so much from him, even in just a week. To get an insight and help from someone like him is invaluable – you can’t put a price on that.”
“And for him to come down and do it for free was a great gesture of goodwill.”
- Paul Scholes: Manchester United can win the 2015-16 Champions League (Video)
- Paul Scholes called Man United’s line up v Club Brugge a “risky team”...
- Thierry Henry: Man United midfielder Paul Scholes is better than Liverpool’s midf...
- Paul Scholes: Man United should buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic (video)
- Peter Beagrie makes a hilarious pronunciation mistake referencing Man United legend Pau...
- Paul Scholes says Man United could win the CL this season, following 3-1 win v Brugge (...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...