- Man United’s Juan Mata praises David De Gea & commends Lionel Messi in weekly blog
- Take a bow! Polish U13 star Dawida Tomczuka scores incredible 35 yard golazo [Video & GIF]
- Mile Jedanik’s brilliant free-kick for Palace v Liverpool with comedy Ausssie commentary [Video]
- Levski Sofia manager attempts to take out Plovdiv player during match in Bulgaria [GIF]
- Miami Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis tried to pull off a rabona kick, failed badly [Vines]
Paul Pogba red card for France v Spain: Deserved or harsh?
Prior to a mad couple of minutes, Paul Pogba was yet again this season, establishing himself as one of the best central midfielders in world football for France against the world champions.
A powerful yet poised display from Pogba against Spain seemed to confirm what he has been up to all season long for Juventus.
On 76 minutes played, with Spain 1-0 up, Pogba received his first booking for a very high foul on Xabi Alonso.
It was all very ungainly from The Old Lady midfielder and he really should have kept his head down as Les Bleus looked to get back into the game.
Just before the 77 minute mark however, Pogba went in late on Xavi and received his marching orders, on the back of a second yellow card, from referee Viktor Kassai.
Pogba blotted his copy book even further in the eyes of UEFA by sarcastically clapping the referee which could ensure further censure.
The first yellow was reckless and the second was late. Players have stayed on the pitch for far worse…
- Updated: March 26, 2013