Paul Pogba red card for France v Spain: Deserved or harsh?
- March 26, 2013
Prior to a mad couple of minutes, Paul Pogba was yet again this season, establishing himself as one of the best central midfielders in world football for France against the world champions.
A powerful yet poised display from Pogba against Spain seemed to confirm what he has been up to all season long for Juventus.
On 76 minutes played, with Spain 1-0 up, Pogba received his first booking for a very high foul on Xabi Alonso.
It was all very ungainly from The Old Lady midfielder and he really should have kept his head down as Les Bleus looked to get back into the game.
Just before the 77 minute mark however, Pogba went in late on Xavi and received his marching orders, on the back of a second yellow card, from referee Viktor Kassai.
Pogba blotted his copy book even further in the eyes of UEFA by sarcastically clapping the referee which could ensure further censure.
The first yellow was reckless and the second was late. Players have stayed on the pitch for far worse…
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]