Paul Pogba red card for France v Spain: Deserved or harsh?
- March 26, 2013
Prior to a mad couple of minutes, Paul Pogba was yet again this season, establishing himself as one of the best central midfielders in world football for France against the world champions.
A powerful yet poised display from Pogba against Spain seemed to confirm what he has been up to all season long for Juventus.
On 76 minutes played, with Spain 1-0 up, Pogba received his first booking for a very high foul on Xabi Alonso.
It was all very ungainly from The Old Lady midfielder and he really should have kept his head down as Les Bleus looked to get back into the game.
Just before the 77 minute mark however, Pogba went in late on Xavi and received his marching orders, on the back of a second yellow card, from referee Viktor Kassai.
Pogba blotted his copy book even further in the eyes of UEFA by sarcastically clapping the referee which could ensure further censure.
The first yellow was reckless and the second was late. Players have stayed on the pitch for far worse…
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...