- Corinthians intensify effort to sign Spurs’ Paulinho, player’s wife being pregnant a factor [Globo]
- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
- Man United & Arsenal have a great win % on Boxing Day, Aston Villa less so
- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
Patronising? Clement Foot’s manageress given flowers by Brest’s coach in her 1st match
Something historic happened in France over the weekend.
Corinne Diacre became the first woman in any of Europe’s top leagues to take charge of match as she lead Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot against Brest.
The match happened to fall on Diacre’s 40th birthday, and that lead to strange sight on the sidelines before the game as opposing manager Alex Dupont handed his opposite number a bouquet of flowers.
A nice touch, or actually highly patronising? When is the last time a male manager got flowers on the pitch before a game?
As to the result, Clement Foot lost the match 1-0.
See the pictures below of the flower giving below.
- Updated: August 5, 2014