Patronising? Clement Foot’s manageress given flowers by Brest’s coach in her 1st match
- August 5, 2014
Something historic happened in France over the weekend.
Corinne Diacre became the first woman in any of Europe’s top leagues to take charge of match as she lead Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot against Brest.
The match happened to fall on Diacre’s 40th birthday, and that lead to strange sight on the sidelines before the game as opposing manager Alex Dupont handed his opposite number a bouquet of flowers.
A nice touch, or actually highly patronising? When is the last time a male manager got flowers on the pitch before a game?
As to the result, Clement Foot lost the match 1-0.
See the pictures below of the flower giving below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...