Patronising? Clement Foot’s manageress given flowers by Brest’s coach in her 1st match
- August 5, 2014
Something historic happened in France over the weekend.
Corinne Diacre became the first woman in any of Europe’s top leagues to take charge of match as she lead Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot against Brest.
The match happened to fall on Diacre’s 40th birthday, and that lead to strange sight on the sidelines before the game as opposing manager Alex Dupont handed his opposite number a bouquet of flowers.
A nice touch, or actually highly patronising? When is the last time a male manager got flowers on the pitch before a game?
As to the result, Clement Foot lost the match 1-0.
See the pictures below of the flower giving below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi