Patronising? Clement Foot’s manageress given flowers by Brest’s coach in her 1st match
- August 5, 2014
Something historic happened in France over the weekend.
Corinne Diacre became the first woman in any of Europe’s top leagues to take charge of match as she lead Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot against Brest.
The match happened to fall on Diacre’s 40th birthday, and that lead to strange sight on the sidelines before the game as opposing manager Alex Dupont handed his opposite number a bouquet of flowers.
A nice touch, or actually highly patronising? When is the last time a male manager got flowers on the pitch before a game?
As to the result, Clement Foot lost the match 1-0.
See the pictures below of the flower giving below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...