- EXCLUSIVE Offer: Back Tottenham to reach the Capital One Cup final at 2/1!!!
- The wealthiest football clubs on the planet and how they make their money [Graphic]
- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
Patronising? Clement Foot’s manageress given flowers by Brest’s coach in her 1st match
Something historic happened in France over the weekend.
Corinne Diacre became the first woman in any of Europe’s top leagues to take charge of match as she lead Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot against Brest.
The match happened to fall on Diacre’s 40th birthday, and that lead to strange sight on the sidelines before the game as opposing manager Alex Dupont handed his opposite number a bouquet of flowers.
A nice touch, or actually highly patronising? When is the last time a male manager got flowers on the pitch before a game?
As to the result, Clement Foot lost the match 1-0.
See the pictures below of the flower giving below.
- Updated: August 5, 2014